VectorLinux
November 28, 2014, 08:43:26 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [Solved] Unable to make audio CD  (Read 2560 times)
Pita
Vectorian

« on: August 13, 2007, 10:30:53 pm »

VL-5.8-Standard

I am trying to make an audio CD with downloaded flac/ogg files and sofar could not do it with k3b, xcdroast or graveman. I have done it before with k3b and graveman.

k3b gives some error message about the speed setting, if I change this it adds another error and ejects the CD. In gravman in Settings, Write Tracks is not enabled even when audio tracks have been added. The Write to: bar is blank.

I can play CDs, boot from CDs and burn data CDs from *.iso files for which I always use xcdroast. So my CD drive seems to work.

What do I possible make wrong or could be wrong? k3b and graveman are so simple to use so I assume it is not my onsetting senility. ;-)
« Last Edit: August 14, 2007, 10:25:23 pm by Pita » Logged
M0E-lnx
Administrator
Vectorian

« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2007, 07:09:16 am »

It's kind of hard to tell from your description of the error...
An errorlog would be more helpul

Run k3b from a terminal, and when the error happens, close k3b, and post the error in a pastebin (it will be looooong) and give us a link or something...

lagagnon
Global Moderator
Vectorian

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2007, 07:46:21 am »

Audio CD's are not data CD's and do not have a filesystem (that is why you can't browse an audio CD with a file explorer) - and the files on audio CD's must be .wav formats. If you are using ogg formats you cannot make an audio CD, but you can make a data CD, as long as the CD player you are going to use supports the .ogg format (many don't). So to make an audio CD you first must have the files in .wav format.

"As people become more intelligent they care less for preachers and more for teachers". Robert G. Ingersoll
M0E-lnx
Administrator
Vectorian

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2007, 08:07:08 am »

Although, many burning applications will convert them automatically.... Dont know if that's the case for any of the available options for Linux...

Artthou

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2007, 12:22:05 pm »

Although, many burning applications will convert them automatically.... Dont know if that's the case for any of the available options for Linux...

I would be shocked if it weren't.  I am not at a linux box at the moment to check, but I will try to do it later to find out.
nightflier
Administrator
Vectorian

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2007, 06:56:38 pm »

Have not tried FLAC, but I can drag and drop ogg and mp3's directly into K3B audio disc projects. Looks like it converts them on the fly. Even monkey audio files work if you install that plug-in.
Pita
Vectorian

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2007, 10:40:30 pm »

I had a fresh start this morning and almost solved the problem with graveman.

First I deleted the file ~/../graveman.conf. That enabled Write Tracks in graveman. When it started to write there was en error in strange letters. Second try another error abolut a node???

Went into su, started gravemen and the error was it could not find /usr/local/bin/mkisofs. Made a symlink to /usr/bin/mkisofs.

Back to user and graveman wote the flac file to the CD. In xmms all the files are there except there is no musik only a schrrrrr noice. Will try with ogg files. It worked, ogg files playing properly

This is the first time I tried graveman in VL. I can't check k3b yet since it is in another box of a slack clone. With xcdroast I was never able to make an audio CD only data CDs

Thanks & regards

« Last Edit: August 14, 2007, 11:10:59 pm by Pita » Logged
Pita
Vectorian

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2007, 09:47:48 pm »

I tried once more with graveman to make an audio CD from flac files and the result is only noise files.

With k3b I finally succeeded to make an audio CD from flac files as su. They do play well. All the error messages I got previously as user were just fakes.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: