VectorLinux
August 02, 2014, 12:17:19 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Need csh to install Brother mfc420cn  (Read 2683 times)
wirechief

« on: August 14, 2007, 08:24:17 pm »

I have googled until my finger nails fell off. unable to find a csh.rpm apparently the oldies are no longer around.
then I tried using alien to convert a csh.deb to csh.rpm, I thought i had it but apparently a internal error in the conversion
process, I used the command  alien -r  csh.deb  it created a csh.rpm , really need this csh to proceed with the install of the brother,
I was able to install the lpr driver for brother but its the cupswrapper that wants the csh. any ideas how I might get this csh ?
I suspect if the source files could be gotten then they could be compiled but i am at a loss, I have checked out the sources listed
by granny in her suggestions for sources but ran into a dead end.
uelsk8s
Administrator
Vectorian

« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2007, 08:32:44 pm »

this may help:
http://slackware.cs.utah.edu/pub/slackware/slackware-11.0/slackware/a/tcsh-6.14.00-i486-2.tgz

tcsh (C shell)

tcsh is an enhanced but completely compatible version of the Berkeley
UNIX C shell, csh(1). It is a command language interpreter usable both
as an interactive login shell and a shell script command processor. It
includes a command-line editor, programmable word completion, spelling
correction, a history mechanism, job control, and a C-like syntax.
wirechief

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2007, 02:03:53 pm »

Terrific!
I had decided that perhaps that replacement was the right one for the job, it installed easily. thank you .

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: