Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Visit our home page for VL info. For support and documentation, visit the Vector Linux Knowledge Center or search the Knowledge Center and this Forum using the search box above.

Author Topic: help me,pls  (Read 1256 times)

help me,pls
« on: August 15, 2007, 09:46:40 pm »

hello all,

i'm new user to linux. this is the first time i use linux. my knowledge on linux (so VL) is so little.  in using VL, i find some problems, help me, please

1)my computer has cdrom and cdwriter. when i insert CD, VL doesn't know cdrom or cdwriter. if CD is in cdrom, sometimes, VL opens      cdwriter

2)/dev/cdrom or /dev/cdrw never open, and so i always open CD via /mnt/cd, how can i make VL automically opens CD when i insert

3)my CD is always busy whenever i eject even if i close all application

4)what software is needed to open djvu file, and how to install it
                     thank all

• Packager
  • Vectorian
Re: help me,pls
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2007, 04:16:18 am »

Hang in there vectorhp.

An expert will be along soon enough to assist you.  I haven't had your problem so I wouldn't know how to begin to help.

• Vectorite
Re: help me,pls
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2007, 06:28:51 am »

I am not a Vector expert but I could suggest some things to investigate and you could post your results here.

First, what version of Vector do you have installed? (How to determine your VL version)

Also, if you could post the contents of your '/etc/fstab' file, it would help.

Post the output of the following command line:

ls -l /dev/cd* /dev/dvd*

(Those are lowercase "L"s, not "I"s.)

That information should provide a good start for one of the Vector experts to be able to assist you.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2007, 06:31:07 am by saulgoode »
A complex system that works is invariably found to have evolved from a simple system that works.