Whooohooo! I did it! Lilypond is packaged.
After countless hours of work, I get a....2Mb file in a folder.
Was it worth it? I don't know, but I have to say, my Prelude No. 1 came out looking Beeautiful after using lilypond with it.
My "fix" was to pass the -i option to make install. Listen up all you wannabe packagers, I am NOT endorsing the use of the -i option EVER. Don't think you can pass it to make if something isn't working and submit it to the repos and get away with it. The only reason I can do it, is because make install was hanging up on a nonexistant file, I made sure everything that was needed but that file was installed, and I tested it thoroughly. Also I didn't pass the -i option to "make all". That would be a very big no no. I only passed it to make install which just installs the files, the actual compiling of lilypond occurred without error. For those of you who are wondering, the -i option tells make to ignore all errors.
When I saw on their site that they said "Compiling lilypond is an involved process" I didn't pay any attention. Now however, I believe them. Whew! I hope someone can get some use out of this package. I know I will. I better, after all that work.