VectorLinux
August 22, 2014, 07:18:00 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: awesomest...ev0r  (Read 5066 times)
Triarius Fidelis
Vecteloper
Vectorian

Domine, exaudi vocem meam

« on: August 22, 2007, 01:32:05 am »

I met a very agreeable she-humanling through a forum I'm involved in. Since I don't want to divulge too much details in the interest of her privacy, I should say that the only major difficulty is that she lives in Canada (giving that away certainly didn't compromise her anonymity) and I live in the US (most of you already know that).

One sure way to know the girl one deals with is a 'keeper' is that she knows about a 'sann knullande metallgrupp' that I didn't know about until she mentioned them (namely, Falconer). She's

Doesn't think I'm disgusting because I like Amon Amarth awesome.
Same juvenile fixation on trolls awesome.
Has the same secondary language as me awesome.
Awesomer than a Revenant Mage that shoots lasers out its eyes awesome.

She's more kvlt than me, 'mappy' and 'Jew-Dan' put together.

Enumerating the awesome qualities of that young woman would be like listing all the names of Vishnu, so in short it's like I walked in front of a mirror, and it was me, except not ugly, and lighter hair, and no beard. Or the female version of Skwisgaar Skwigelf

Q: If Dethklok is the heaviest band in the world, and also the most popular band in the world, what does that say about the world?

"It means nothing because, heavy or not, the world is a black vortex of black Nothingness and I hate our audience."
« Last Edit: August 22, 2007, 01:37:08 am by hanumizzle » Logged

"Leatherface, you BITCH! Ho Chi Minh, hah hah hah!"

Formerly known as "Epic Fail Guy" and "Döden" in recent months
DrGrov
Packager
Vectorite

« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2007, 03:27:18 am »

Happy to hear that you have found someone there, hanu! Smiley
I'm happy for you. Hope that it turns out well Smiley

Stop complaining about everything, do something about it instead.
exeterdad
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2007, 05:10:12 am »

Good for you Hanu.  Hey if she only understands half of the things you talk about....  she HAS to be a keeper.  *ducking*
rbistolfi
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2007, 05:16:27 am »

Congratulations, I am very happy for you.
just not invite her here with that new avatar  Grin. I did read the line, I hate him too, but the image is too strong.

"There is a concept which corrupts and upsets all others. I refer not to Evil, whose limited realm is that of ethics; I refer to the infinite."
Jorge Luis Borges, Avatars of the Tortoise.

--
Jumalauta!!
tomh38
Vectorian

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2007, 05:45:17 am »

Great news, Hanu!  As we used to say back down through the fathomless gulfs of time ( ... the '80s), Rock On!

"I'm doing a (free) operating system (just a hobby, won't be big and professional like gnu) for 386(486) AT clones." - Linus Torvalds, April 1991
Triarius Fidelis
Vecteloper
Vectorian

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2007, 05:51:48 am »

Good for you Hanu.  Hey if she only understands half of the things you talk about....  she HAS to be a keeper.

Remember, I'm the so-called 'genius' who can hardly fill out IRS forms and didn't know how to tie his shoes until the age of nine...  Roll Eyes

Triarius Fidelis
Vecteloper
Vectorian

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2007, 05:52:21 am »

Congratulations, I am very happy for you.
just not invite her here with that new avatar  Grin. I did read the line, I hate him too, but the image is too strong.

I hope it doesn't offend.

rbistolfi
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2007, 06:16:36 am »

I hope it doesn't offend.

Cheesy Just dont change us for her all the time, that would be offensive Wink Oh, no wait, you can do that too if makes you happy...

Good for you Hanu.  Hey if she only understands half of the things you talk about....  she HAS to be a keeper.

Remember, I'm the so-called 'genius' who can hardly fill out IRS forms and didn't know how to tie his shoes until the age of nine...  Roll Eyes

I knew Vanesa was the right when she offered to tie my shoes  Grin
« Last Edit: August 22, 2007, 06:18:08 am by rbistolfi » Logged

"There is a concept which corrupts and upsets all others. I refer not to Evil, whose limited realm is that of ethics; I refer to the infinite."

--
Jumalauta!!
Triarius Fidelis
Vecteloper
Vectorian

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2007, 04:55:35 pm »

I don't quite understand. If you asked about whether she uses Linux the answer is currently 'no', but she DOES use good applications like Firefox and doesn't have all kinds of ridiculous misconceptions about how Linux functions.

Incidentally, jonasbjork from linuxportalen related a story about how his students had some weird ideas about Linux and open source:

http://www.linuxportalen.se/node/7237

"Began a job as a teacher at the gymnasium [technical institute I believe] three weeks ago and now I'm full-time. First week with lessons now and I have begun to present myself for all the pupils in the diverse courses and showed Linux to them. It's frightful that so few really know that Linux can have a graphical interface. I asked them whether Open Source can create good programs, but few answered to that. Later I asked them whether they used VLC and Firefox and they answered that they do - because they are good programs! That they are open source, they had no idea about it..."

She liked wmaker anyway

rbistolfi
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2007, 05:33:13 pm »

I didnt make a question  Shocked, I just made a joke about how you are going to spend your time from here. I hope you will have time for a nice slack based distro... just because I enjoy your posts *The bodyguard w. houston song as background music*  Cheesy.
I think is not important which os she uses. Vanesa likes Linux too, but she really dont care about that, She understand when I tell her what is linux about, and is enough for me. She uses the computer and VL for mail and surfing the web, or writting a document.
The 5 month baby can type #!/bin/bash already though, no just kidding, I keep her away from the monitor generally, I dont want to hurt her eyes. But sometimes if she cry enough, I sit her in my legs for a little while and we use vim together, is not a lovely image?  Grin
Seriously, I am very glad about you.

PS: I like your wm too.

--
Jumalauta!!
Triarius Fidelis
Vecteloper
Vectorian

« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2007, 07:08:53 pm »

Yeah, I know, picking someone based on the operating system they use is weak.

What's important is that she knows IE is some hardcore bulls--. Smiley

BTW, I expressed my feelings for her by showing this thread and her response had a cuddly emoticon in it.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2007, 07:13:21 pm by hanumizzle » Logged

sledgehammer
Vectorian

« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2007, 08:59:39 pm »

I spend a good chunk of my waking hours trying to figure out the female operating system.

John

VL7.0 xfce4 Samsung RF511
Triarius Fidelis
Vecteloper
Vectorian

« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2007, 10:29:04 pm »

I spend a good chunk of my waking hours trying to figure out the female operating system.

John

To be fair, the 'interface' was apparently designed by H.R. Giger.

Edit: Or at least some of it.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2007, 02:21:48 am by hanumizzle » Logged

exeterdad
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2007, 06:49:46 am »

BTW, I expressed my feelings for her by showing this thread and her response had a cuddly emoticon in it.

Shocked  It's a good thing we were being "gentlemen" don't you think? Cheesy
tomh38
Vectorian

« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2007, 07:55:08 am »

lawquest:
Hmmm ... the "female operating system" ... give up, dude, you're wasting your time.  You'd have more luck trying to solve Windows problems by randomly altering registry keys.

Personally, I like that women are so mysterious (at least to me they are).  Then again, my girlfriend is very understanding that a lot of the time I don't understand her ... if that makes any sense.

These comments may sound very sexist, but I find people in general pretty hard to figure out.  In my experience most people worth knowing are complex, and have hidden depths.  It makes life interesting.

"I'm doing a (free) operating system (just a hobby, won't be big and professional like gnu) for 386(486) AT clones." - Linus Torvalds, April 1991
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: