VectorLinux
September 22, 2014, 05:53:41 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: awesomest...ev0r  (Read 5177 times)
rbistolfi
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2007, 08:22:40 am »

BTW, I expressed my feelings for her by showing this thread and her response had a cuddly emoticon in it.

Ohh, you should say something to us before, ehh... welcome Mrs. Hanumizzle, We hope you feel like home here, please excuse the maneers of my partners. Thanks we are not on our nihilist dark days, so we can receive you with our best smile   Grin

"There is a concept which corrupts and upsets all others. I refer not to Evil, whose limited realm is that of ethics; I refer to the infinite."
Jorge Luis Borges, Avatars of the Tortoise.

--
Jumalauta!!
DrGrov
Packager
Vectorite

« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2007, 01:24:51 pm »

It's great to read about your progress hanumizzle! Keep us up-to-date! Smiley

Stop complaining about everything, do something about it instead.
Triarius Fidelis
Vecteloper
Vectorian

Domine, exaudi vocem meam

« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2007, 05:36:07 pm »

BTW, I expressed my feelings for her by showing this thread and her response had a cuddly emoticon in it.

Shocked  It's a good thing we were being "gentlemen" don't you think? Cheesy

No need to be a gentleman; her favorite Dethklok song is 'Sewn Back Together Wrong'

These comments may sound very sexist, but I find people in general pretty hard to figure out.  In my experience most people worth knowing are complex, and have hidden depths.  It makes life interesting.

I dunno, mang...with people that I know well, I usually have had an implicit understanding of them from the beginning. When I met my co-best friend mappy (Jew-Dan and mappy are on equal footing) in music class, I offered him use of the library's music encyclopedia for our research projects. At the time I thought "nice guy even though he listens to some pretty noisy music"...that evaluation has since changed of course.

Yesterday, she sent me a YouTube video of 'word jazz' artist Ken Nordine's 'Yellow', with a floating J.R. 'Bob' Dobbs head. She said she found it funny even though no one else got it. As it turns out, I already have the FLV on my hard drive. Smiley

"Leatherface, you BITCH! Ho Chi Minh, hah hah hah!"

Formerly known as "Epic Fail Guy" and "Döden" in recent months
Triarius Fidelis
Vecteloper
Vectorian

« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2007, 04:04:45 am »

Ohh, you should say something to us before, ehh... welcome Mrs. Hanumizzle, We hope you feel like home here, please excuse the maneers of my partners. Thanks we are not on our nihilist dark days, so we can receive you with our best smile   Grin

"No, we are Nihilists; we don't believe in anything."
"Can't a Nihilist also not believe in God, too?"
"That, I, uhh, don't know."

tomh38
Vectorian

« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2007, 06:48:05 am »

I dunno, mang...with people that I know well, I usually have had an implicit understanding of them from the beginning.

Yeah, I getcha, Hanu.  I've had that experience a lot too.  But even with people that I know like that, I often find that there's always more to know about them.  Also, I've found that quite a few of my good friends that I've known a long time have changed in ways that I wouldn't have expected - not always for the better or worse, just different, if you know what I mean.

Tom

"I'm doing a (free) operating system (just a hobby, won't be big and professional like gnu) for 386(486) AT clones." - Linus Torvalds, April 1991
nubcnubdo
Vectorian

« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2007, 09:17:43 am »

video of 'word jazz' artist Ken Nordine's 'Yellow'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBCs36Wf3Tg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XS9REY1H0pY
« Last Edit: August 24, 2007, 09:42:58 am by nubcnubdo » Logged
Triarius Fidelis
Vecteloper
Vectorian

« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2007, 11:42:49 am »

Thanks, I like Tom Waits and didn't hear about the other artist before. However, Ken Nordine's material is in a different vein altogether. He says stuff that's really weird.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJM39EytAYU

In the beginning--oh, long before that--when light was deciding who should be in and who should be out of spectrum, yellow was in trouble. Even then. Seems that green--you know how green can be--didn't want yellow in. Some silly primal envy, I suppose, but for whatever cause, the effect was bad on yellow, and caused yellow to weep yellow tears for several eternals (before there were years), until blue heard what was up between green and yellow, and took green aside for a serious talk in which blue pointed out that if yellow and blue were to get together--not that they would, but if they did--(a gentle threat)--they could make their own green. "Oh," said green, with some understanding. Naturally, by a sudden change of hue, green saw the light, and yellow got in. Worked out fine: yellow got lemons, and green got limes.

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: