VectorLinux
April 16, 2014, 05:36:48 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hello ;)  (Read 1780 times)
delaguer

« on: August 27, 2007, 11:08:15 am »

Hi guys,

I have used Vector linux before (VL5.1 maybe?) but then I migrated to Ubuntu and Damn Small Linux before I switched back to XP recently. Anyway, my friend donated his PC to me few weeks ago and I just installed Vector Linux 5.8 Std Gold yesterday on this one (P2 500Mhz 256Mb Ram) and everything works fine!

Installation was simple, every program is very responsive and loads pretty fast, including GIMP! Boot and shutdown is also fast, every program that I need / love (such as Opera) is already installed by default which is great!

I remember that back in 5.1 the user can choose/switch WM between Fluxbox, IceWM and something else (I forgot), I think that's pretty cool!

So next step for me would be to browse around the forums, learn as much as I could about this wonderful OS and I'll see you guys around! Wink

Regards,
Delaguer

"It's very difficult for a fundamentalist to admit that his wrong, because then, he has to admit that God is wrong."

-J. Carter, 2007
rbistolfi
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2007, 05:00:29 pm »

Welcome back, delaguer!
5.1 was great, but 5.8 will be hard to beat! We are waiting for VL6.0 soon, and looks like the devs will surprise us again.
Now xfce is the default desktop, but you can install the others with gslapt.
Enjoy your new system Wink

"There is a concept which corrupts and upsets all others. I refer not to Evil, whose limited realm is that of ethics; I refer to the infinite."
Jorge Luis Borges, Avatars of the Tortoise.

--
Jumalauta!!
metvas
Vectorite

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2007, 08:46:45 pm »

Hello and welcome back to VL. We here this a lot. Stick around the forum and you will be in good hands, and be a guru in no time, guaranteed
Spread the word is all we ask.
regards
Darrell

Knowledge is Power, share it.
Be the change you want to see in the World
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: