VectorLinux
September 21, 2014, 05:49:50 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I want IRSSI, and I want it NOW!  (Read 2772 times)
blackbelt_jones

« on: August 29, 2007, 08:31:39 am »

or maybe bitchx, although I stopped using bitchx when I realized that i had left a chat sesion with the parting message.  "Have you raped a lawn gnome today?" Shocked  Or even epic.  In short, I can't live without some kind of IRC client that I can use from a console.

Smiley Thank you once again.
exeterdad
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2007, 09:20:50 am »

Here ya go! http://irssi.org/ should build easy enough  Smiley

Or you can search IRC in gslapt or slapt-get and use a client that's ready to go.  You may already have a couple installed.
blackbelt_jones

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2007, 09:26:39 am »

Thanks.  I don't expect any problem with the build (though I've surprised myself in the past) but I didn't see anything that looked like a text based irc client when I searched the package manager.  It was all Xchat, Ksirc, Konversation, gaim...  and that's why I mentioned it.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2007, 04:28:13 pm by blackbelt_jones » Logged
M0E-lnx
Administrator
Vectorian

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2007, 09:29:47 am »

might I suggest vpackager for irssi?

blackbelt_jones

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2007, 10:28:02 pm »

Well, irssi was a very straight, no configuating, no problem 3 part install.  On the other hand, vpackager has been elusive.  I'm new to this planet.
orasis

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2007, 05:29:54 pm »

Irssi - Compiles with no problems from source, really ... configure / make / make install and your finished - all depends for it seem to be met in a default install of Vector..
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: