VectorLinux

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit our home page for VL info. For support and documentation, visit the Vector Linux Knowledge Center or search the Knowledge Center and this Forum using the search box above.

Author Topic: CRON jobs in Windows XP?  (Read 20797 times)

saulgoode

• Vectorite
CRON jobs in Windows XP?
« on: August 29, 2007, 03:31:25 pm »

I wish to set up a folder on a Windows XP machine that is periodically checked for new files and when one is encountered, it is SCPed (using Putty) to a Linux machine. Is there a way in Windows to set up something such as this?
A complex system that works is invariably found to have evolved from a simple system that works.

MikeCindi

• Tester
  • Vectorian
Re: CRON jobs in Windows XP?
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2007, 03:44:55 pm »

You can use the scheduler to run a batch file that would check for any files in a particular folder and if found copy/move them. The particulars of the batch file would depend on many variables but shouldn't be to complex for what it seems you're wanting to do.
The plans of the diligent lead to profit...Pro. 21:5
 VL64 7.1                                     RLU 486143

newt

• Vectorian
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2007, 05:13:15 pm »

I've used the following cron for windows with success: http://www.kalab.com/freeware/cron/cron.htm

hth!

saulgoode

• Vectorite
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2007, 01:42:00 pm »

Thanks for the suggestions. I think I will try using the Kalab cron utility so I don't have to read any MS documents (they give me headaches :-\ ).
A complex system that works is invariably found to have evolved from a simple system that works.

rubtheweb

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2009, 03:57:41 am »

Cron scans the file CRONTAB every minute and checks every line if the specified time/date information matches the current time/date. If they are equal, the command line specified will be executed. A log file (cron.log) with the executed commands is written to the current directory.
Please also have a look at pycron
Thank You.

jobshere

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2009, 08:03:55 am »

This link will give you more information , evaria.com/v3/index/article/29/configuring-cron-jobs-on-windows.html .

Thanks