VectorLinux
August 30, 2014, 08:19:37 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: CRON jobs in Windows XP?  (Read 19751 times)
saulgoode
Vectorite

« on: August 29, 2007, 02:31:25 pm »

I wish to set up a folder on a Windows XP machine that is periodically checked for new files and when one is encountered, it is SCPed (using Putty) to a Linux machine. Is there a way in Windows to set up something such as this?

A complex system that works is invariably found to have evolved from a simple system that works.
MikeCindi
Tester
Vectorian

« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2007, 02:44:55 pm »

You can use the scheduler to run a batch file that would check for any files in a particular folder and if found copy/move them. The particulars of the batch file would depend on many variables but shouldn't be to complex for what it seems you're wanting to do.

The plans of the diligent lead to profit...Pro. 21:5
VL64 7.1b3                                     RLU 486143
newt
Vectorian

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2007, 04:13:15 pm »

I've used the following cron for windows with success: http://www.kalab.com/freeware/cron/cron.htm

hth!
saulgoode
Vectorite

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2007, 12:42:00 pm »

Thanks for the suggestions. I think I will try using the Kalab cron utility so I don't have to read any MS documents (they give me headaches Undecided ).

A complex system that works is invariably found to have evolved from a simple system that works.
rubtheweb

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2009, 02:57:41 am »

Cron scans the file CRONTAB every minute and checks every line if the specified time/date information matches the current time/date. If they are equal, the command line specified will be executed. A log file (cron.log) with the executed commands is written to the current directory.
Please also have a look at pycron
Thank You.

jobshere

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2009, 07:03:55 am »

This link will give you more information , evaria.com/v3/index/article/29/configuring-cron-jobs-on-windows.html .

Thanks

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: