VectorLinux
September 02, 2014, 06:19:48 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Freston clocks in at 21:06 (Local time) :-p  (Read 2247 times)
Freston
Vectorite

« on: September 07, 2007, 11:08:46 am »

Hi all!

Still got room for one more Slacker? ;-)

I've been working with Slackware since the release of 11.0. And I love it, the first distro that I got to work just the way I like it. I'm one of those guys that tunes his distro to 'perceived' perfection, and then goes off installing Ubuntu. Put Slack back on, and one week later install Mandriva. *Sigh* the life of a distro hopper... Will I find peace after installing Vector?

I'm just hoping it'll install on my hardware... not all distro's do :-(
Most can be gotten to work though, so I have good hopes. And Slack always fitted like a glove :-D

OK. Burning complete! No more time to waste, reboot :-D
exeterdad
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2007, 11:44:38 am »

Rut Roh!  Silence!  Hope that reboot went well  Cheesy

Welcome to VectorLinux.
Freston
Vectorite

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2007, 12:34:52 pm »

Heheh, thnx!

It took some time, because I repartitioned my HD. Then after install, the automagically detected display settings made X turn my screen black. I reinstalled Slack on my new *bling* partition, used their values for display. And we're all set and done. Two OS's installed in a little over an hour. Not bad, aye?  Roll Eyes

Oh! and I found that one of the three availabe languages in the installer is Dutch, obviously you where expecting me  Grin
Lyn
Vectorian

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2007, 12:54:18 pm »

Hi and welcome!  always good to have new blood here :-)
DrGrov
Packager
Vectorite

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2007, 01:41:37 pm »

Welcome Freston to VL and the community!

Hope you will find VL to suit your needs.

Stop complaining about everything, do something about it instead.
The Headacher
Louder than you
Global Moderator
Vectorian

I like the bass to go BOOM!

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2007, 02:06:31 am »

Oh! and I found that one of the three availabe languages in the installer is Dutch, obviously you where expecting me  Grin
Really? I never noticed that, I must've installed VL a hundred times in the last 2 years or so :-). I'll try that next time.

Most music on my soundcloud page was arranged in programs running on VL.
Freston
Vectorite

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2007, 02:45:47 am »

Quote from: The Headacher
Really? I never noticed that, I must've installed VL a hundred times in the last 2 years or so :-). I'll try that next time.
Well, the KDE language packs that is... not the installer itself ;-)

Still, it's nice...
The Headacher
Louder than you
Global Moderator
Vectorian

I like the bass to go BOOM!

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2007, 02:55:48 am »

Oh, alrighty then. Well I did notice that, but I prefer to use English. Some things just don't sound right in Dutch :-)

Most music on my soundcloud page was arranged in programs running on VL.
Freston
Vectorite

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2007, 05:02:06 am »

Yeah, I think I know what you mean. The almost inescapable nature of the bilingual menu's is ugly as night. But then, I often have people looking over my shoulder when I use my lappy, and I don't want to have them think 'Linux' can only be in English.

Ah well, it's neither here nor there... I just found it funny that out of three choices, Dutch was one. I didn't expect that. German or French or Mandarin or Spanish or Arabic, ok, but Dutch? We're so small and the world is so big and it's not fair (piep piep hoi).... :-D
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: