VectorLinux
July 26, 2014, 10:53:12 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Poll
Question: Has anyone got it running under SOHO 5,8? If so could you share your experiences? THX
? - 0 (0%)
? - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 0

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Gimp GAP  (Read 1680 times)
backwoodsbob

« on: September 16, 2007, 01:46:28 pm »

I am trying to get it to make and am getting errors with the sound files.
I want to animate some work and am wondering how well it works.
saulgoode
Vectorite

« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2007, 03:52:10 pm »

Nobody has voted yet? People here are so indecisive. Smiley

I haven't yet built the GAP for 5.8 SOHO but I generally build it about twice a week for Slackware (from SVN). The GAP uses  'wavplay' for its audio output. WAVPLAY is an ancient tool that is more likely to be found on a ten-year old BSD system than any Linux box. It can be made to work on Linux -- I have done so in the past -- but unless you need it for your animations, it is not really worth the effort. My recommendation would be to pass '--disable-audio-support' to your ./configure and not worry about it for now.

I have 5.8 SOHO on a dual boot system but I won't have access to it until tomorrow. I will look into building the GAP for it (and even investigate getting WAVPLAY to work). If you need help before then, please provide a bit more details about the errors you are receiving and I will try to get back to you.

A complex system that works is invariably found to have evolved from a simple system that works.
backwoodsbob

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2007, 04:33:20 pm »

Thank you for the quick reply. I don't need sound at present so I'll do as you advise.Will report back.

As promised, the results were successful. I had to disable libmpeg3 as well as audio, but for now I'm good.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2007, 05:36:01 pm by backwoodsbob » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: