VectorLinux

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit our home page for VL info. For support and documentation, visit the Vector Linux Knowledge Center or search the Knowledge Center and this Forum using the search box above.

Author Topic: Help needed installing Tellico in VL 5.1  (Read 2177 times)

Sperrit

Help needed installing Tellico in VL 5.1
« on: September 01, 2007, 03:17:34 pm »

Hi all,

I've recently installed VL 5.1 in an old laptop (Celeron 600Mh, 64Mb), and I'm quite glad I can "normally" use a machine otherwise I couldn't use. Installation was ok, configuration was not so complicated, but I'm getting trouble to install Tellico 1.2.13, a newer version than the one in repositories.

I've got the package from here (http://www.slacky.eu/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2548&Itemid=56), I use pkgtool to install it, and everything seems to go ok. But when I try to run it in XFCE, nothing happens. And when I try to run it from console, it gives me an error about libyaz.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory.

I've also tried to compile if manually from sources, configure's ok, but when doing "make", I get an error related to openoffice...

I'd need a newer version of this software to keep on working with my old "new" laptot.

Any ideas?

Thanks ;)

uelsk8s

• Administrator
  • Vectorian

Joe1962

• Administrator
  • Vectorian
    • Joe1962's Website
Re: Help needed installing Tellico in VL 5.1
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2007, 06:03:37 pm »

We have yaz packages in the repo. Probably not the latest, but I don't think that's a big issue.
O'Neill (RE the Asgard): "Usually they ask nicely before they ignore us and do what they damn well please."
http://joe1962.bigbox.info
Running: VL 7 Std 64 + self-cooked XFCE-4.10

Sperrit

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2007, 01:15:49 am »

I have yaz 2.1.16 already installed in my machine  :-[

uelsk8s

• Administrator
  • Vectorian
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2007, 06:35:17 am »

your error was for "libyaz.so.3:" so you probably need a newer yaz like the one i pointed to.
You could try symlinking libyaz.so.3 to your older libyaz.so.2 and see if it works that way

Joe1962

• Administrator
  • Vectorian
    • Joe1962's Website
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2007, 12:04:20 pm »

Ah, I see you got a package from slacky, they tend to be a bit too bleeding edge with their lib deps. According to the Tellico site, it is now compatible with yaz 2 and 3, but it would depend on the version you build it with. I guess you need to build yaz3 (should be easy, if building yaz2 is any indication), or buid tellico with yaz2 (probably a lot harder). You could try the symlink uel mentioned first.
O'Neill (RE the Asgard): "Usually they ask nicely before they ignore us and do what they damn well please."
http://joe1962.bigbox.info
Running: VL 7 Std 64 + self-cooked XFCE-4.10