VectorLinux
April 24, 2014, 12:30:24 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Poll
Question: How would you like to see the wiki structured
Mirror the forum categories - 0 (0%)
Beginer, Intermediate, and Advanced categories - 3 (20%)
a combination of the above two options. - 8 (53.3%)
someting completely different. - 4 (26.7%)
Total Voters: 15

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Wiki Structure  (Read 7215 times)
Toe

« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2007, 09:56:39 pm »

So namespaces are structure which is what I was after. But tags are like the keywords that robots use to index web pages?

I like it. I presume that helps when one uses the search function. Or am I totally missing the point?
Well, it's not really used for the search function itself.  Really, it's more of a grouping.  Like "Show me all articles tagged with the keyword 'networking'". 

But the thing is, you're much better off if you just have easy to use page navigation.  IMHO 'tags' are usually just a crappy band-aid for admins who can't figure out how to make a decent navigation system for their sites.

@ inthewoods, afaik most search engines look for keywords inside <meta> tags.
Actually, pretty much all modern search engines completely ignore meta keywords.  Too easy to just spam whatever tags you want in there.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: