VectorLinux
April 24, 2014, 09:53:49 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How did you?  (Read 1314 times)
orasis

« on: September 17, 2007, 04:26:43 am »

How on earth did you make Vector so fast? - I mean I have tried a lot of Linux'es on this system of mine from Ubuntu, Debian vanilla, slack and some others.. but not one of them has been this speedy.

I was surprised by the speed and responsiveness of the LIVE-CD - afterwards I decided to install the whole system... I was like  Shocked my system was not even this fast in Win 98.. lol...

Great job guys great distro!
orasis

« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2007, 04:33:13 am »

Actually come to think of it the speed of Vector reminds me of BeOS, it's about as quick.. almost as if I am running everything on RAM.. ok not exactly, but very very close Smiley
Joe1962
Administrator
Vectorian

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2007, 06:14:50 am »

Heh, thanks for the praise and welcome aboard!... Grin

I just wish we could get close to the BeOS boot time! I remember the GUI would come up in what seemed like 5 or 10 seconds on a stone-age P1... Shocked  Nice bootsplash too. I must confess I have been eagerly awaiting a working Haiku iso... Embarrassed

O'Neill (RE the Asgard): "Usually they ask nicely before they ignore us and do what they damn well please."
http://joe1962.bigbox.info
Running: VL 7 Std 64 + self-cooked XFCE-4.10
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: