VectorLinux

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit our home page for VL info. For support and documentation, visit the Vector Linux Knowledge Center or search the Knowledge Center and this Forum using the search box above.

Author Topic: tor  (Read 2734 times)

fastc0der

tor
« on: September 14, 2007, 04:32:09 am »

Tor+privoxy

Even though I am a newbie, I am making an effort to try and install many softwares from the source, asking in other forums, going through readme's, but I had a lot of trouble installing tor and privoxy, tor needed libevent(I don't what it is but I got over that part) and privoxy's 'building from source' instructions went right through my head...
A single package would be nice.....

exeterdad

• Packager
  • Vectorian
Re: tor
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2007, 08:45:11 am »

Could you provide a bit more info?  I'm sorta confused about exactly what you are asking.  Some links would be nice as well  ;)

Svetylk0

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2007, 04:09:31 am »

« Last Edit: October 13, 2007, 04:12:28 am by Svetylk0 »

The Headacher

• Louder than you
  • Global Moderator
  • Vectorian
  • I like the bass to go BOOM!
    • Multimedia on VL (work in progress)
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2007, 04:29:16 am »

and tor, i found for slackware12:

Svetylk0 : I don't think a Slack 12 package will work for him, as he's using VL 5.8, which is built on Slack 11. I have to admit I haven't actually tried using slack 12 packages on 5.8, but I don't think the chances of it working are too good.
Most music on my soundcloud page was arranged in programs running on VL.

exeterdad

• Packager
  • Vectorian
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2007, 08:43:18 am »

Svetylk0 : I don't think a Slack 12 package will work for him, as he's using VL 5.8, which is built on Slack 11. I have to admit I haven't actually tried using slack 12 packages on 5.8, but I don't think the chances of it working are too good.

Guaranteed to segfault in VL58 if the packager (Slack 12) enabled the gnu hash in the LDFLAGS.  (I have been with all my VL59 packages)

Svetylk0

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2007, 09:58:48 am »

Aha :-) so only Slack 11 - i will try to remember this ;) :-) Thank you

T*