VectorLinux

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit our home page for VL info. For support and documentation, visit the Vector Linux Knowledge Center or search the Knowledge Center and this Forum using the search box above.

Author Topic: Question brings over of Vector 6 Light  (Read 1172 times)

PanchoV

Question brings over of Vector 6 Light
« on: May 19, 2009, 10:06:05 am »

Questions

1- Which are the requirements minimums the version Vector 6 Light

2- I need to know if the version Light 6 works well in a PC that has 500MHZ 128MB of memory.

3- It works well with a multifunction epson CX1500. It can be this the correct driver ?
    On what system of packages is based the vector, for which to be able to go down?

4- It detects well the port USB

The last one
5- It is possible to translate the system into the Spanish, if it is like that someone knows since it is.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2009, 10:59:16 am by PanchoV »

newt

• Vectorian
Re: Question brings over of Vector 6 Light
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2009, 11:25:59 am »

1- According to the webpage here (bottom section): "Light Edition: Pentium 166 or better, 64MB RAM minimum, 1.8GB hard drive space for full system - more for your data."

2- Based on the above minimum specs I would think that it would work well on your system.

3- According to this webpage your multifunction printer should work quite well with a bit of configuration; gutenprint (driver) should be included with Light and if not then it should be in the repository for easy installation.

4- USB support works quite well.  HAL and VL-hot will both automate the process; HAL generally requires less intervention from the user but you might find vl-hot to be plenty.

5- VL6 Standard has spanish support so my guess is that Light does as well.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2009, 11:28:25 am by newtor »

nightflier

• Administrator
  • Vectorian
Re: Question brings over of Vector 6 Light
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2009, 06:26:41 pm »

For multi-language support in Light, make sure you select GDM and un-select KDM during install. GDM has options for changing system language.