VectorLinux

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit our home page for VL info. For support and documentation, visit the Vector Linux Knowledge Center or search the Knowledge Center and this Forum using the search box above.

Author Topic: How did you?  (Read 1583 times)

orasis

How did you?
« on: September 17, 2007, 05:26:43 am »

How on earth did you make Vector so fast? - I mean I have tried a lot of Linux'es on this system of mine from Ubuntu, Debian vanilla, slack and some others.. but not one of them has been this speedy.

I was surprised by the speed and responsiveness of the LIVE-CD - afterwards I decided to install the whole system... I was like  :o my system was not even this fast in Win 98.. lol...

Great job guys great distro!

orasis

Re: How did you?
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2007, 05:33:13 am »

Actually come to think of it the speed of Vector reminds me of BeOS, it's about as quick.. almost as if I am running everything on RAM.. ok not exactly, but very very close :)

Joe1962

• Administrator
  • Vectorian
    • Joe1962's Website
Re: How did you?
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2007, 07:14:50 am »

Heh, thanks for the praise and welcome aboard!... ;D

I just wish we could get close to the BeOS boot time! I remember the GUI would come up in what seemed like 5 or 10 seconds on a stone-age P1... :o  Nice bootsplash too. I must confess I have been eagerly awaiting a working Haiku iso... :-[
O'Neill (RE the Asgard): "Usually they ask nicely before they ignore us and do what they damn well please."
http://joe1962.bigbox.info
Running: VL 7 Std 64 + self-cooked XFCE-4.10