VectorLinux

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit our home page for VL info. For support and documentation, visit the Vector Linux Knowledge Center or search the Knowledge Center and this Forum using the search box above.

Author Topic: Enemy Teritory - 'Catches Signal" ??  (Read 1342 times)

orasis

Enemy Teritory - 'Catches Signal" ??
« on: September 20, 2007, 05:21:43 pm »

When I go to install 'Wolfenstein Enemy Territory' from it's binary file et--something-.run it gives me this return when it ends....

Verifying archive integrity... All good.
Uncompressing Enemy Territory 2.60 Full Install..............................................................................................
...Extraction failed.
.Signal caught, cleaning up

I have never seen this happen before in any of the Linux'es I have installed.. but all of them to my knowledge were based on Debian...

Does anyone know what this means?

Thanks.

orasis

Re: Enemy Teritory - 'Catches Signal" ??
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2007, 05:58:29 pm »

SOLVED

The problem seems to be that there was not enough space in TMP - However I do have more than enough space on my HDD - I believe the problem lies in that I have 'tmpfs' enabled and only 256mb's of ram.

/et-linux-blahblah*.run --target <newfolder>

Where <newfolder> is a directory which you created to hold the temp files - will work if you fall into a problem such as this....

I know that during install... 'tmpfs' is 'recommended' for people with RAM over 192... I think that's a bad idea - maybe 512 +