Please support VectorLinux!

Author Topic: Apache XAMMP....  (Read 1251 times)

loc

Apache XAMMP....
« on: September 19, 2007, 12:27:04 pm »
So have been enjoying VL, especially setting up WiFi, and the fact of not system hogging.

I have this old laptop (Armada110) which I had Win.Xp set-up and also using Apache as the laptop was being used for a server, it only has 186Mb RAM so Ubuntu wasn't an option (LCD) I had tried X'buntu but I sadly got fed up with the WiFi difficulties....

Anyway I tried downloading the xammp.tlz file from> http://www.vectorlinux.com/forum2/index.php?topic=4030.0 but when installing it seems to hang, I'm just wondering if it's too intensive installing it. :-\ If this is the case, is there any other alternative installs? Apache by itself would be fine, but PHP+SQL is even better. .tar.gz aren't an option for me, it never works, they hate me, which ends up me hating them.

(Where did .exe get to? ;D well, at least .bin/.run?)

newt

• Vectorian
Re: Apache XAMMP....
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2007, 12:39:36 pm »
Perhaps the install process is just long-ish on your system due to your hardware/resources.  I would give the installer at least 5 minutes or so to be sure.  Give it a whirl again and let spend some time installing - there are lots of little bits in there that all have to get to their correct places.  HTH!