VectorLinux
December 18, 2014, 08:02:53 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Enemy Teritory - 'Catches Signal" ??  (Read 1219 times)
orasis

« on: September 20, 2007, 04:21:43 pm »

When I go to install 'Wolfenstein Enemy Territory' from it's binary file et--something-.run it gives me this return when it ends....

Verifying archive integrity... All good.
Uncompressing Enemy Territory 2.60 Full Install..............................................................................................
...Extraction failed.
.Signal caught, cleaning up

I have never seen this happen before in any of the Linux'es I have installed.. but all of them to my knowledge were based on Debian...

Does anyone know what this means?

Thanks.
orasis

« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2007, 04:58:29 pm »

SOLVED

The problem seems to be that there was not enough space in TMP - However I do have more than enough space on my HDD - I believe the problem lies in that I have 'tmpfs' enabled and only 256mb's of ram.

/et-linux-blahblah*.run --target <newfolder>

Where <newfolder> is a directory which you created to hold the temp files - will work if you fall into a problem such as this....

I know that during install... 'tmpfs' is 'recommended' for people with RAM over 192... I think that's a bad idea - maybe 512 +
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: