VectorLinux

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit our home page for VL info. For support and documentation, visit the Vector Linux Knowledge Center or search the Knowledge Center and this Forum using the search box above.

Author Topic: Won't be contributing for the next 8-10 weeks  (Read 3315 times)

caitlyn

• Packager
  • Vectorian
    • The Linux Works
Won't be contributing for the next 8-10 weeks
« on: September 27, 2007, 11:57:56 am »

Hi, everyone,

I won't be able to help with VL 5.9/6.0 package building (or much of anything else) for the next couple of months.  I'm moving back up north and getting started in, well... new everything (job, home, etc...)  VL will have to be on the back burner for awhile.

Metvas raised the issue that nobody seems to be building much of anything for VL64.  I won't be either as I will lose access to this machine when I move.  I would truly hate to see VL64 die on the vine as I believe the future of Vector as a serious distro does depend on it.

Anyway, I'll check in from time to time and hopefully be back this winter to contribute more.

All the best,
-Cait
eMachines EL-1300G desktop, 1.6GHz AMD Athlon 2650e CPU, 4GB RAM, nVidia GeForce 6150 SE video
CentOS 6.5 (will try VL64-7.1 soon)

Toshiba Satellite A135-S4727,  Intel Pentium T2080 / 1.73 GHz, 2GB RAM, Intel GMA 950

HP Mini 110 netbook, 1.6GHz Intel Atom CPU, 2GB RAM, Intel 950 video, VL 7.1

M0E-lnx

• Administrator
  • Vectorian
Re: Won't be contributing for the next 8-10 weeks
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2007, 12:07:34 pm »

Sorry to hear that caitlyn....
I get depressed with I go a day without seeing the htop window on my ssh session or the gambas IDE ;)

If you're like me, you must feel bad.

Hope you can join us again soon

MikeCindi

• Tester
  • Vectorian
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2007, 01:30:40 pm »

The VL community will not be the same in your absence. I trust all goes well/smoothly for you and the "new everything" is fulfilling for you.
Mike
The plans of the diligent lead to profit...Pro. 21:5
VL64 7.1b3                                     RLU 486143

Joe1962

• Administrator
  • Vectorian
    • Joe1962's Website
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2007, 03:21:27 pm »

Indeed, we'll be missing you in the meantime Caitlyn.
O'Neill (RE the Asgard): "Usually they ask nicely before they ignore us and do what they damn well please."
http://joe1962.bigbox.info
Running: VL 7 Std 64 + self-cooked XFCE-4.10

The Headacher

• Louder than you
  • Global Moderator
  • Vectorian
  • I like the bass to go BOOM!
    • Multimedia on VL (work in progress)
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2007, 03:31:39 pm »

I won't be able to help with VL 5.9/6.0 package building (or much of anything else) for the next couple of months.  I'm moving back up north and getting started in, well... new everything (job, home, etc...)  VL will have to be on the back burner for awhile.
Of course, real life is much more important than cyber life ;). IMO you've already done much more than your fair share of packaging (if there is such a thing).

Metvas raised the issue that nobody seems to be building much of anything for VL64.  I won't be either as I will lose access to this machine when I move.  I would truly hate to see VL64 die on the vine as I believe the future of Vector as a serious distro does depend on it.
Even though I didn't think a 64 bit version was necessary at first, I fully support the idea of having such a version, and look forward to building packages for it. Unfortunately, my 64 bit box has been nothing but trouble lately, and it has to be sent in for repair for the 4th (!!!) time, so I haven't been able to package for it (or use it in general  >:(). Looks like they're (finally) going to replace it with a new one this time, and I'm trying to get a 64 bit box again... I can't say for sure I'll get one though, so I might be back to 32 bit world and not be able to package for 64 bit after all.

My current box only has room for 1 Linux partition, and it's not clean enough to do any sort of packaging on.

Anyway, I'll check in from time to time and hopefully be back this winter to contribute more.
First things first ;). Good luck, sounds like you got a lot of stuff to do the next couple of months.
Most music on my soundcloud page was arranged in programs running on VL.

nubcnubdo

• Vectorian
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2007, 03:43:12 pm »

Hi Caitlyn,

Good luck in your new endeavors.

rbistolfi

• Packager
  • Vectorian
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2007, 05:00:49 pm »

Hi, everyone,

New everything... sounds like funny and dangerous  :D. I wish you the best in this new beginning.

All the best,
-Cait

You know the address... all the best for you.
"There is a concept which corrupts and upsets all others. I refer not to Evil, whose limited realm is that of ethics; I refer to the infinite."
Jorge Luis Borges, Avatars of the Tortoise.

--
Jumalauta!!

exeterdad

• Packager
  • Vectorian
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2007, 06:43:10 am »

Take care Caitlyn.  Hope this is a exciting "new everything" for you!

My wife will be relieved.  lol
Seems whenever she decides to read over my shoulder, I happen to be reading/replying to one of your posts.
Silly wives.  :D

M0E-lnx

• Administrator
  • Vectorian
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2007, 07:11:01 am »

My wife will be relieved.  lol
Seems whenever she decides to read over my shoulder, I happen to be reading/replying to one of your posts.
Silly wives.  :D

LOL

Colonel Panic

• Vectorian
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2007, 11:28:56 am »

Yeah, good luck.