VectorLinux
October 24, 2014, 07:23:21 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: aid installation vector linux  (Read 3303 times)
sammy72

« on: September 29, 2007, 01:31:26 am »

blank to all I must install vector linux 5,8 std gold on old portable:
amd k6 366mhz 4gb hard disk and 96 mb ram and 2 mb of memory video.
I am inexpert, on the fixed one I have mint3 but simple installation, for vector linux sò that the installation is difficult me you can help to understand which could be the difficulties?
For es the configuration of milo etc
the disc obviously I would dedicate it all to vector and an other thing, is possible modernizes it through support cd-rom also for that it regards the Italian language?
If fairies to be eventually understood to me like, inasmuch as with vector the commandos they are different regarding those of ubuntu?
Excused the ortografici errors but I do not chew English hello to all well I pray to you you help the portable one me is of a friend and it annoys to me dovergli to replace Windows 98!!!
thanks hello
MikeCindi
Tester
Vectorian

« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2007, 06:40:54 am »

Sammy72,
I hope I can help but I do not speak Italian and I am not sure I fully understand your English. The portable you have should work with Vector Linux (VL) 5.8 Std. Gold. If your portable will boot from the CD then the VL installer is easy to follow. I am not sure if there are Italian instructions or how to activate them. (Perhaps one of VL's Italian users could chime in.) If you are unable to boot from the CD there are instructions on how to install VL located on the CD. This can be done from the command line. You could do that through your current Mint installation.
I know that is not a lot of information but please provide more specifics as you go through the process. You will find that the VL community is very helpful.
Mike

The plans of the diligent lead to profit...Pro. 21:5
VL64 7.1b3                                     RLU 486143
rbistolfi
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2007, 10:04:12 am »

blank to all I must install vector linux 5,8 std gold on old portable:
amd k6 366mhz 4gb hard disk and 96 mb ram and 2 mb of memory video.
I am inexpert, on the fixed one I have mint3 but simple installation, for vector linux sò that the installation is difficult me you can help to understand which could be the difficulties?
For es the configuration of milo etc
the disc obviously I would dedicate it all to vector and an other thing, is possible modernizes it through support cd-rom also for that it regards the Italian language?

The installation process will be easy, as mike pointed, if you can boot from the cdrom. Since you will dedicate the whole disc to vl, you dont need to worry about partitions. So, the installer will be easy, just regular stuff. The lilo config will be made -hopefully- automatically by the installer. I am not sure if I understand the cd rom part.

If fairies to be eventually understood to me like, inasmuch as with vector the commandos they are different regarding those of ubuntu?

The VL structure is pretty different than Ubuntu and any other not-based-in-slack distro, but the commands are similar. We dont use sudo very much, though. We use su instead, but that is easy to learn, and you can ask what you want here.

Excused the ortografici errors but I do not chew English hello to all well I pray to you you help the portable one me is of a friend and it annoys to me dovergli to replace Windows 98!!!
thanks hello

There is nothing to excuse, your english is fine for this forum  Wink.
Give it a try, and post back here if you find in troubles.

"There is a concept which corrupts and upsets all others. I refer not to Evil, whose limited realm is that of ethics; I refer to the infinite."
Jorge Luis Borges, Avatars of the Tortoise.

--
Jumalauta!!
exeterdad
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2007, 11:05:14 am »

Pizza is about the only Italian word I can say or write.  So his English is MUCH better than my Italian.  Cheesy
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: