VectorLinux
April 17, 2014, 04:19:00 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 64 bit packages for VL  (Read 1877 times)
Masta
Global Moderator
Vectorian

« on: October 04, 2007, 03:54:56 pm »

anyone building these? where are they? I read through all the rants n raves about VL getting a 64bit release out, and so uelsk8s tossed one out,  I don't seem to be able to find anything as far as packages for this. so I'm requesting some packages for 64bit version of VL... at least as many applications as we have in the 32bit (common sense about some that aren't made for 64bit).
exeterdad
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2007, 04:33:53 pm »

I'd be happy to if I knew that there is a surefire way to cross-compile. I only have  32 bit machines, with no hope of getting a 64 bit until my kids are moved out of the house 18 or 20 years from now.  Cheesy
The Headacher
Louder than you
Global Moderator
Vectorian

I like the bass to go BOOM!

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2007, 10:31:30 pm »

I still want to build packages for it, but my 64 bit box and it's manufacturer (ASUS) have let me down time after time, so at this point I am unsure if I will own a 64 bit box any time in the near future Undecided.

Most music on my soundcloud page was arranged in programs running on VL.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: