VectorLinux
July 30, 2014, 04:54:01 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: MPD  (Read 1907 times)
jovanoti

MPD
« on: October 05, 2007, 05:37:08 pm »

It willl be great to have in repository such a beatiful peace of software. Smiley More info here. Some other stuff related to MPD:
   libmad - library used by MPD
   mpc - main MPD client (command line)
   ncmpc - NCurses based client
   gmpc - Gnome Music Player Client
   QMPD Client QT3/4 Music Player Client
   Pitchfork - PHP Client (My favourite Smiley )
Home page of MPD include many other clients. This is just some of them which I'm using.
PS. Sorry for my poor English!  Cheesy
DrGrov
Packager
Vectorite

« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2007, 05:17:35 pm »

It would help to know what VL version you are using, jovanoti.
You can't use Slackware 10.x packages if you have VL 5.8 Standard or SOHO installed since they are based on Slackware 11 if I can ermember correctly.
It is very easy to compile the main MPD client with what you have by default in Vector Linux since IIRC all dependency requirements are met.
You build with ./configure && make && make install or in case you want a package you do ./configure && make as regular user and then checkinstall -L as root to build it into a package.

HTH,
DrGrov

Stop complaining about everything, do something about it instead.
jovanoti

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2007, 10:11:31 am »

I'm using Slackware 12.  Smiley  waiting for VL 6. There is no problem to compile it, I'm just offering to include MPD in repository.
Here are some packages I made with vpackager which are not included in official repository.
Click
« Last Edit: October 19, 2007, 04:01:51 am by jovanoti » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: