I have a VL Std 5.8 installation that been running flawlessly for 3 weeks. No issues and I love it. I decided to put VL SOHO on my "better" PC connected by this one by KVM. As luck would have it, I had some issues since the "better" PC has a failed eth0 embedded on the motherboard and I need it to use eth1. In my attempts to run VASM from text mode, It seems that I accidentally ran the autoconfig network thingy on the WRONG PC (*&%%E#! KVM).
Now the only way that the network comes up on the "used-to-be-fine" PC is by running VASM after each boot and selecting the simple networking deal.
I guess I can add some stuff to /etc/rc.d/rc.local to make it work, but I didn't have to before. Re-installing the whole OS seems to be a bit much.
I haven't tried rerunning VASM from text mode. I guess it wouldn't hurt at this point.
I did have a tar ball of some config files from before the changes, but I don't see anything obviously different here.
Seems that it should be such an obviously easy fix.