VectorLinux

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit our home page for VL info. For support and documentation, visit the Vector Linux Knowledge Center or search the Knowledge Center and this Forum using the search box above.

Author Topic: Extention to Midnight Commander VFS definitions?  (Read 1994 times)

toothandnail

• Tester
  • Vectorian
Extention to Midnight Commander VFS definitions?
« on: October 09, 2007, 08:51:55 am »

I use MC a lot, partially to read the contents of various archives. However, attempting to read the contents of an Lzma (?) archive as is used in current Vector packages fails.

Does anyone know how to extend the virtual file system definitions used by MC to include such packages?

paul

lagagnon

• Global Moderator
  • Vectorian
Re: Extention to Midnight Commander VFS definitions?
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2007, 09:59:27 am »

Well it works for me here under VL 5.8 SOHO. What version of VL are you using? Just hit enter in mc with the .tlz file highlighted and it shows you its contents. Or press F2 to see a menu of possibilities. The file " /usr/share/mc/mc.menu " is the config definitions for the special mc F2 menu, in case you want to add or change anything.
"As people become more intelligent they care less for preachers and more for teachers". Robert G. Ingersoll

toothandnail

• Tester
  • Vectorian
Re: Extention to Midnight Commander VFS definitions?
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2007, 02:29:58 pm »

Well it works for me here under VL 5.8 SOHO. What version of VL are you using? Just hit enter in mc with the .tlz file highlighted and it shows you its contents. Or press F2 to see a menu of possibilities. The file " /usr/share/mc/mc.menu " is the config definitions for the special mc F2 menu, in case you want to add or change anything.

:) Thanks. Looks as though that was missed in the beta. I pinched a copy of /usr/share/mc/mc.ext from 5.8 Stamdard live, which seems to have fixed it...

paul