VectorLinux
September 02, 2014, 06:03:54 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Acer Flatbed scanners  (Read 1550 times)
Rocdef

« on: October 11, 2007, 09:06:52 am »

While operating as root, I commanded Sane to  scan an image using a Benq 5000U scanner and a ScanPrisa 640U scanner. In both instances Sane said that I should edit the firmware file entries in /etc/sane.d/snapscan.conf. I retrieved the firmware file numbers from sane-project.org/sane-mfgs.html and edited the files according to the recommendations in the files and in /usr/man/man5/sane-snapscan.5. I commanded Sane to scan again, and Sane again said that it was not able to open the firmware files. I commanded Sane to find the scanners and it provided the correct vendor and product numbers. I entered the numbers during modprobe and put them into /etc/modules.conf. Sane insisted that the firmware files were inaccessible. Could there be a defect in my software. If my computer hardware is faulty, what would I look  for in syslog (/var/log/messages).
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: