Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Visit our home page for VL info. For support and documentation, visit the Vector Linux Knowledge Center or search the Knowledge Center and this Forum using the search box above.

Author Topic: Acer Flatbed scanners  (Read 1851 times)

Acer Flatbed scanners
« on: October 11, 2007, 10:06:52 am »

While operating as root, I commanded Sane to  scan an image using a Benq 5000U scanner and a ScanPrisa 640U scanner. In both instances Sane said that I should edit the firmware file entries in /etc/sane.d/snapscan.conf. I retrieved the firmware file numbers from and edited the files according to the recommendations in the files and in /usr/man/man5/sane-snapscan.5. I commanded Sane to scan again, and Sane again said that it was not able to open the firmware files. I commanded Sane to find the scanners and it provided the correct vendor and product numbers. I entered the numbers during modprobe and put them into /etc/modules.conf. Sane insisted that the firmware files were inaccessible. Could there be a defect in my software. If my computer hardware is faulty, what would I look  for in syslog (/var/log/messages).