VectorLinux

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit our home page for VL info. For support and documentation, visit the Vector Linux Knowledge Center or search the Knowledge Center and this Forum using the search box above.

Author Topic: RedHat & Novell sued for patent infringement...  (Read 1110 times)

easuter

• Global Moderator
  • Vectorian
RedHat & Novell sued for patent infringement...
« on: October 12, 2007, 12:16:37 am »

Yep, looks like someone has taken that first into becoming SCO-2:

http://www.groklaw.net/article.php?story=20071011205044141

MS found someone to do its dirty work once again. Bravo Novell, that deal kept you really safe  ::).

tomh38

• Vectorian
Re: RedHat & Novell sued for patent infringement...
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2007, 07:27:29 am »

I'm shocked, shocked, I say, to learn that Microsoft has found another sock puppet to attack GNU/Linux and F/OSS!  And for patent infringement no less.  I'll be even more shocked to discover that Microsoft is funding the whole thing too, high powered lawyers and all. [/sarcasm]

Same story, slightly different players.  I hope this one falls as flat as SCO did.  We'll see how it plays out in the courts.

Hey Novell, good idea paying protection money to the thugs at Microsoft!  Looks like it might not work out too well for you guys, though.

Tom
"I'm doing a (free) operating system (just a hobby, won't be big and professional like gnu) for 386(486) AT clones." - Linus Torvalds, April 1991