VectorLinux
August 31, 2014, 02:15:31 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
  Print  
Author Topic: VL-5.9-STD-BETA1 Bugs/annoyances  (Read 27635 times)
Pita
Vectorian

« Reply #75 on: October 21, 2007, 10:59:02 pm »

Quote from: Pita on October 20, 2007, 02:56:38 AM
I redownloaded and reinstalled and could now get X running.

Further as reported in another post leaving X via logout or Ctrl-Alt-Backspace blanks the screen and the only keys working are Ctrl-Alt-Del to reboot. This happens as well in slackware-12 and the clones slax and absolute-linux based on slack 12. It does not happen in slack-11 and its clones.
Unquote

This was now solved by upgrading all the x*/X* from the slackware current/x as Uelsk had suggested. Thank you!

And yes, all works well in VL-5.9-*, adding my VL-5.8 home and usr/local partitions I would not even know where I am. Nothing hangs all programs working properly.

On installation, however, when the program vlati was coming-up for installation the system would freeze. Happened twice, so I did not install it anymore.
The Headacher
Louder than you
Global Moderator
Vectorian

I like the bass to go BOOM!

« Reply #76 on: October 21, 2007, 11:06:34 pm »

I added it myself (package from linuxpackages.net, I think), but there are quite a few missing dependencies (libraries not in /usr/lib)
Most packages on Linuxpackages.net have dependency info. You should be able to use one of their mirrors as a repository, they have all the things needed for a slapt-get repository.

Most music on my soundcloud page was arranged in programs running on VL.
GrannyGeek
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #77 on: October 22, 2007, 03:38:50 pm »

Most packages on Linuxpackages.net have dependency info. You should be able to use one of their mirrors as a repository, they have all the things needed for a slapt-get repository.

Do you mean that if I install a package from linuxpackages.net (or slacky.eu) through G-Slapt/slapt-get, the dependencies will be installed, too? If so, I didn't realize that G-Slapt could work that way.
--GrannyGeek

Registered Linux User #397786

Happily running VL 7 Gold on  a Sempron LE-1300 desktop (2.3 GHz), 4 G RAM,  GeForce 6150 SE onboard graphics and on an HP Pavilion dv7 i7, 6 gigs, Intel 2nd Generation Integrated Graphics Controller
thump

« Reply #78 on: October 22, 2007, 06:57:58 pm »

/dev/hdb7    /media/data1   auto   users,auto,rw,exec,noguid,nosuid    0 0
try this:
Code:
/dev/hdb7    /media/data1   xfs  noatime    0 0

For your keyboard, you probably have to enable "legacy USB" in BIOS.

Well, nightflier, the change in fstab worked, thank you, very much.
As to the "legacy USB' in BIOS....... there is no entry to change. The box and the bios are both circa 1998, so I will try to get an update, but I'm holding no hope of finding one that can be installed via VL (or any other Linux variant).
For now I'll just use the boot floppy's I made to switch os'es.
Bill
The Headacher
Louder than you
Global Moderator
Vectorian

I like the bass to go BOOM!

« Reply #79 on: October 22, 2007, 11:05:27 pm »

Do you mean that if I install a package from linuxpackages.net (or slacky.eu) through G-Slapt/slapt-get, the dependencies will be installed, too? If so, I didn't realize that G-Slapt could work that way.
--GrannyGeek
Yes, IF you have their repositories enabled you should be able to slapt-get anything from there, as long as you use the right Slackware version. I'm not too sure all the packages from there will work for us, but most should. I tried a "slapt-get --simulate --install rosegarden" with both slacky and linuxpackages repo's enabled just to see what would happen, and it seemed like all the dependencies where there. Still, I wouldn't try a slapt-get --upgrade or something with these repositories enabled Wink.

That being said, I actually prefer to try 'n' package most stuff I need, so I haven't downloaded too much from there yet... 

Most music on my soundcloud page was arranged in programs running on VL.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
  Print  

Jump to: