VectorLinux

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit our home page for VL info. For support and documentation, visit the Vector Linux Knowledge Center or search the Knowledge Center and this Forum using the search box above.

Author Topic: New to Vectorlinux  (Read 1440 times)

martinwprior

New to Vectorlinux
« on: October 18, 2007, 08:54:16 am »

I have used many Linux distributions starting with Mandrake and then varieties of Debian of which my favorite are Elive and DreamLinux (I like minimal desktops).

I was pleasantly surprised when I installed Vector Linux 5.8. The installation went well and the end result looks fine and is fast.

I shall use it for a while get back if I need any help. So far Wifi, Sound, etc all working well/

Regards,

Martin Prior

nightflier

• Administrator
  • Vectorian
Re: New to Vectorlinux
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2007, 08:56:28 am »

Welcome, Martin.

Glad everything is working for you. Hope you'll join our ranks of happy Vector users.

KodeBlue

Re: New to Vectorlinux
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2007, 02:56:32 pm »

Hi Martin,

Welcome to VectorLinux.  I'm new myself to the whole Linux scene, and I prefer "minimal" in the sense of just what I need and not a whole lot more.  I have installed Vector 5.8 SOHO, which probably doesn't meet some definitions of minimal, but I figure once I decide what I really want and need, I can trim things down.

Some of us newbies can benefit from your Linux experience once you get familiar with VectorLinux. 

Again, welcome!

Karen