VectorLinux
April 16, 2014, 05:33:27 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: mount acting up  (Read 1279 times)

« on: October 26, 2007, 05:10:39 pm »

Not VL, but general Linux question about mounting CDs

Up until a few hours ago (when I noticed), as user I could mount CDs whenever I loaded one;  could burn CDs, too.  Suddenly, out of nowhere, I don't know why, the ghost in the machine tells me "must be superuser to use mount".  Where did this come from ? I certainly did not change anything.
My fstab has not changed:
Code:
/dev/hdc  /mnt/lite-on  iso9660  noauto,user,ro,exec  0 0
/dev/hdd /mnt/hp iso9660 ro,user,noauto,exec 0 0

mount is owned by user, rwx; I am member of tty,wheel,audio,video,cdrom,plugdev;  /mnt/hp is owned by user

How could I change things back to the way it was (without re-installing) ?  Where do I set the permissions to mount ?

« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2007, 09:50:05 am »

Thanks to a hint on linuxQuestions.org I found the answer to my question. The problem was that my mount's properties were k7,users -rwxr-xr-x, as opposed to root,bin -rwsr-xr-x.
But still would like to know what made this change behind my back.  (I suspect a certain live CD.)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: