let me know if they work.
Unfortunately, there's still problems. I noted the following:
1. gslapt complains of unmet dependency: xfce requires tcsh
(like earlier, but it did allow the package to upgrade anyway, so I gave it a try)
2. The newer VTE is still broken as described above. Additional info applicable both to the above
issues and this version is that cut-paste also malfunctions if the line being selected wraps. The
copied line truncates prematurely, and a return is issued at that point).
2a. Unlike previous XFCE, downgrading to VTE-0.12 version prevents Terminal from starting at all, so
that's not an option for a fix. A broken Terminal is a showstopper for us. :/
Additional note: This appears to definately be a VTE rather than XFCE issue. Running a 'raw' VTE
terminal exhibits the same symptoms. Also, I noticed the latest VTE is 16.9. I tried a quick and
dirty default compile, and it is still broken.
I notice Terminal is still at version 0.2.6 for both the old and new XFCE, so I'd think it should build ok
with the original VL 5.8 VTE 12.0. Is there maybe a way to force this, at least for a test?
3. XFCE mixer/volume control is still gone from panel, and does not show up in xfce-setting-show.
There's no executable(s) for it in the package. This would also be a showstopper.
4. Relocating the files to the previous XFCE directories allowed kiosk mode to function. (The kiosk
enabling file not being found in the relocated package above was why kiosk didn't work before.)
5. Thunar started without complaint, but I didn't test it in depth.