VectorLinux
November 21, 2014, 08:09:25 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: It's Dead Jim  (Read 3758 times)
cintyram
Packager

« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2007, 09:41:33 pm »

If you are not going for gaming, make sure you buy stuff to build a machine that can take lots of RAM and has good processing power.  [ multi core 64 bit is good].

Dont make the same mistake i made. Dont go to Fry's if you are in the US. They are a bunch of Liars who go to any length to complete a sale.  The throw buzz words as if they are knowledgeable but they dont know squat. only one or two of all of them knows any thing.

All the best, and please do let us know what happens.
cheers
ram

Lyn
Vectorian

« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2007, 01:37:16 am »

Coincidentally my main machine died earlier this week, over the weekend I will have a serious look at it, but it doesn't get past POST, well not even really start it.... my money is on a dodgy drive and possible onboard IDE failure, as IDE chanel 1 has been not recognising drives intermittently for some time (I made a data back up on Sunday fortunately).   If its just a drive then that is easy to fix, if not I will get a barebones machine from a local shop, far easier and not much more expensive than buying the bits.... will probably go to www.landofcomputers.uk.com for what I want.....
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: