VectorLinux
September 14, 2014, 07:46:37 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Thunderbird: Upgraded to 3.03. Broken badly [solved]  (Read 827 times)
whatshisname
Packager

« on: March 03, 2010, 03:32:03 pm »

Just upgraded to the latest Thunderbird through the repositories.

Now when I start Thunderbird, I get the barest portion of the title bar showing.  Once I expand it, I get a blank window.

I downgraded to 3.01.  Same behavior.

I uninstalled and re-installed 3.01.  Same behavior.

I started it from the command line.  I'm getting no feedback and, yes, same behavior.

I have no place to even start troubleshooting this one.

I did notice that when I went to upgrade Thunderbird that it wanted to uninstall VASM among other programs, a couple of which, along with VASM, seemed important.  I guess I made the mistake of thinking the package manager knew what it was doing.

VASM still works, BTW, though I had to re-find the icon for it after this little fiasco.  I frankly don't remember what the other programs were that it wanted to nuke.

I'm liking Vector and relatively new to it.  Is there some place I can go to review the actions of the package manager?  Perhaps by re-installing some of the programs it ditched, I might get back to where I was.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2010, 04:01:09 pm by whatshisname » Logged
rbistolfi
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2010, 03:40:12 pm »

Take a look at /var/log/pkgtools

"There is a concept which corrupts and upsets all others. I refer not to Evil, whose limited realm is that of ethics; I refer to the infinite."
Jorge Luis Borges, Avatars of the Tortoise.

--
Jumalauta!!
whatshisname
Packager

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2010, 04:00:44 pm »

Take a look at /var/log/pkgtools

Thanks for the quick reply.  At least I know where to go to check that.

Since I posted this, the problem seems to have worked it's way out.

I just tried again and Thunderbird is starting for me OK now.

Who knows?  Maybe I wasn't holding my mouth right. :-)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: