VectorLinux
October 22, 2014, 01:27:27 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Will no longer be able to contribute as much  (Read 4994 times)
The Headacher
Louder than you
Global Moderator
Vectorian

I like the bass to go BOOM!

« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2007, 03:55:47 am »

I think it's great that you had the time to learn how to use Linux and much more during your old job, and I think it's admirable you spent that time on trying to improve VL when you could've been chatting, playing silly games or pick your nose Wink.

Of course it's a shame you had to go find a new job, but let's face it: having to work for the money is something that applies for most people sooner or later. You've been very lucky you had that much time for VL on the old job, and I think so were all the people you've helped, be it here, in the chat, by developing vpackager or something else entirely.

While we're at it: thanks to ALL the people who make/made VL what it is (developers, packagers, frequent forum visitors): my favorite distro, and a friendly place to hang out and learn. There are lots of people who do or did a lot of work for VL, and they should not be forgotten.

Try to work to live, not the other way around Cheesy.

Most music on my soundcloud page was arranged in programs running on VL.
M0E-lnx
Administrator
Vectorian

« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2007, 06:11:40 am »

I think it's great that you had the time to learn how to use Linux and much more during your old job, and I think it's admirable you spent that time on trying to improve VL when you could've been chatting, playing silly games or pick your nose Wink.
I completely agree, but nothing that good is meant to last forever Wink

Try to work to live, not the other way around Cheesy.

That's my moto

[EDIT]
Maybe some of you guys can help me out here.... I'm in a new prison here.
I finally got a user name and pass to log in to this piece of crap dynosour they have here. To top it off, it's one of those little bitty HP thingies... runs Wind OS CE. My phone has more software than this thing. No hard drive of course, no way to install anything. In order to work, it connects to a Wind OS 2003 R2 server. Looks like a VNC session to me... I know for a fact it's a remote desktop connection... 16bit color Sad and of course, not allowed to download anything or install anything. Java support has been stripped from IE7. Same is true for Flash and CGI.

Can anyone think of a way to escape this one?

[/EDIT]
« Last Edit: November 02, 2007, 12:02:41 pm by M0E-lnx » Logged

exeterdad
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2007, 02:21:37 pm »

Thumb drive with Firefox on it?
tomh38
Vectorian

« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2007, 03:10:02 pm »

Hey M0E-lnx,

Sorry you won't have too much time, but all the same I really appreciate all the help you've given me since I don't know when.  And you were really nice about it, something I've found rare in the Linux world (thought not in the VL community).

Despite what The Headacher wrote, I hope you still find time to pick your nose.  Dig some gold for me, buddy.

Tom

"I'm doing a (free) operating system (just a hobby, won't be big and professional like gnu) for 386(486) AT clones." - Linus Torvalds, April 1991
M0E-lnx
Administrator
Vectorian

« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2007, 06:51:26 pm »

Despite what The Headacher wrote, I hope you still find time to pick your nose.  Dig some gold for me, buddy.

Tom

That's always on my schedule ! Wink
IIRC, you still owe me a beer from one of our conversations of IRC!....

tomh38
Vectorian

« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2007, 02:06:19 pm »

Hey dude, I'll send you that beer, just give me your full postal address  Cheesy.

Seriously, though, if you have a P.O. box I could send it to that.

"I'm doing a (free) operating system (just a hobby, won't be big and professional like gnu) for 386(486) AT clones." - Linus Torvalds, April 1991
M0E-lnx
Administrator
Vectorian

« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2007, 04:26:43 pm »

hehe... no P.O box here though...

You should come down to Houston, and we'd have a cold one

tomh38
Vectorian

« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2007, 05:59:46 pm »

Oh man, you have got to be effing kidding me!!  My gf and her mom will be in Houston this weekend, but I can't go because of work crap.  Let me think on this, talk to the gf, maybe we could arrange a hand off.  I'll get back to you on this.

M0E-lnx
Administrator
Vectorian

« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2007, 04:38:00 am »

lol

kazuya
Vectorite

« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2007, 07:28:25 am »

I have been gone too long. It is sad to come back to find you off. You've contributed a great deal to this community, and to me being able to use this distro. Wish you the best.

I live in Houston, Tx as well. I got married and have been working long hours lately for a while now. I need to get some life besides work. Linux and open source is my passion. I have been sharing it with many others at my work place and grad school.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2007, 07:32:25 am by kazuya » Logged
M0E-lnx
Administrator
Vectorian

« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2007, 08:17:32 am »

Did not know you were from Houston.... I thought I was the only VL user in the city Wink

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: