VectorLinux
October 25, 2014, 04:43:48 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Copy-Paste  (Read 1125 times)
soulvayne

« on: October 29, 2007, 01:56:01 am »

Hello i'd like to know if ther is a possibility to copy-paste between RDP sessions.
We are testing if we could replace our current windows 98 systems with Vectorlinux systems.
Its a pretty big company so there can be no big issues in the linux or else well continue using Windows 98 :O

Here is the issue:
Were using rdesktop to get access to our windows server 2003 R2 Standard edition RDP session.
Ive made RDP icons with the following name and text.

Name : ts01.sh (terminal server 1)
Text : rdesktop -D -g1280x1023 ts01

It logs in fine but we use dualmonitor setup, this also works perfect but here is the issue we cant copy paste images between the RDP sessions.
This is a big problem because that is a function that is used alot.

I hope you guys can help me work out a solution.
If you need any information that can help solve the problem just post it here^^

Greets soulvayne
rbistolfi
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2007, 06:13:27 am »

I think you have better chances using VNC server for windows and the linux clients. Perhaps anyone with more wisdom can jump in and give you a better answer. I never tried something like that before, but based on my reading, VNC has better chances than rdesktop.

HTH

"There is a concept which corrupts and upsets all others. I refer not to Evil, whose limited realm is that of ethics; I refer to the infinite."
Jorge Luis Borges, Avatars of the Tortoise.

--
Jumalauta!!
soulvayne

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2007, 03:24:46 am »

Thats the problem, we dont want to change anything to the server ect.
But we recently noticed that the copy-paste of images isnt possible on windows 98 either only on Windows xp as far as we know.
If it hasnt worked before on win98 there isnt really a problem if it doesnt too on VL.
bigpaws
Vectorian

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2007, 07:09:58 am »

Google Linux RDP or Linux client terminal services

Try that one.

Bigpaws
soulvayne

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2007, 12:56:09 am »

tnx ill try that one Wink
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: