Please support VectorLinux!

Author Topic: How to install KDE games in Vectorlinux 5.8?  (Read 3003 times)

badserii

How to install KDE games in Vectorlinux 5.8?
« on: November 01, 2007, 02:28:49 am »
Hi everyone! I have a problem with installing kde games in VL. I'm using the gold edition, and it says that there are missing some dependencies...
Could someone help me? Thanks in advance!

badserii

BTW
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2007, 02:35:34 am »
I am interested in the Mahjong game, so if you know how to install just this game, it would be perfect. Thanks!

Colonel Panic

• Vectorian
Re: How to install KDE games in Vectorlinux 5.8?
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2007, 11:16:04 am »
I dion't know the answer to your question, but here's a version of Mahjongg I have tried and which works well (if you're OK with compiling software from source);

http://www.lcdf.org/xmahjongg/

badserii

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2007, 11:41:18 am »
Thanks a lot, it helped!!! I also found Mahjongg3d, but it is too heavy for my computer, xmahjongg is a gret alternative!

kidd

• Packager
  • Vectorian
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2007, 12:12:32 pm »
.... (if you're OK with compiling software from source);
http://www.lcdf.org/xmahjongg/

I've just downloaded, compiled and executed it without any problems (as usual in VL :)

Code: [Select]
./configure --prefix=/usr
su
(insert root password)
make install

dawnsboy

• Vectorite
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2007, 06:02:23 am »
I've just downloaded, compiled and executed it without any problems (as usual in VL

I too have xmahjongg on my little laptop.  It is a great alternative to kmahjongg.  Especially with all the different tilesets available.  Type "xmahjongg --list" at the command line (without the quotes) to get a list of tilesets packaged with xmahjongg.  Type "xmahjongg --tileset [name]" at the command line to load the selected tileset. 

There are some other games out there that are the same as or similar to kdegames as well.  But I like kmahjongg and kshisen in addition to a couple of puzzle games that will run with the same deps. 

So I upgraded qt to keep gslapt from complaining.  I then downloaded and installed kdegames via glsapt which satisfied dependencies; primarily kdelibs (kdebase is not necessarey).  I have no issues at all running this package on VL 5.8 Gold Standard.   ;D
Custom Mini-Itx - VL6.0 Light