VectorLinux
April 19, 2014, 07:26:23 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Palm Tungsten USB cradle  (Read 1313 times)
tortipede

« on: December 02, 2007, 08:11:50 am »

Hi

Have just acquired Palm Tungsten T (since my girlfriend upgraded to a Treo). Tried using JPilot to sync with it... nothing doing. When you plug the cradle in & press HotSync on the Palm I wa expecting it to show up in vl-hot... but no. Have exhausted my google-fu experimenting with hotplug etc etc. So far all I have got it this:

When you click on Hotsync on the Palm it shows up temporarily in lsusb:
root:# lsusb
Bus 1 Device 4: ID 0830:0060 Palm, Inc. Palm Tungsten T / Zire 71
Bus 1 Device 3: ID 058f:6362 Alcor Micro Corp.
Bus 1 Device 1: ID 0000:0000
Bus 1 Device 2: ID 1241:1177 Belkin F8E842-DL Mouse
Bus 2 Device 1: ID 0000:0000

However, nothing changes in vl-hot, and after only a short while the Palm gives up trying to sync, and disconnects, and disappears from lsusb. I did also try upgrading pilot-link manually from the tarball, but it wouldn't even configure, bailing out with the mysterious claim that the C compiler couldn't create executables. Any suggestions gratefully appreciated!

TIA

Richard
bigpaws
Vectorian

« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2007, 08:29:11 am »

Google fu try slackware Palm Tungsten

I found this that might help or possible direction.

http://cvs.codeyard.net/kpilot/hardware.php

Bigpaws
tortipede

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2007, 09:09:08 am »

All better now... I finally read through and carefuly followed step-by-step instructions in

pilot-link-0.12.3/doc/README.usb

...which were linked to from the pilot-link home page, and which worked for the 0.11.8 that comes with VL SoHo 5.8.

Thanks for your help!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: