VectorLinux
April 23, 2014, 07:42:38 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: starting mysql with xampp?  (Read 1231 times)
texmansru47

« on: October 30, 2007, 12:34:13 pm »

Does anyone out there know where I can find the root cause of my misery on trying to get the mysql portion of the xampp services to load?  When I run:

./mysql.server from the /opt/lampp/bin directory I just get:  .......................ERROR! 

I would love to know what is wrong but it seems I have to play needle in the haystack before I can figure out what I have setup incorrectly.  Has anyone else experienced this?

Tom
rbistolfi
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2007, 02:48:13 pm »

try /opt/lampp/lampp startmysql or similar  Embarrassed. You can find the exact command running /opt/lampp/lampp --help

"There is a concept which corrupts and upsets all others. I refer not to Evil, whose limited realm is that of ethics; I refer to the infinite."
Jorge Luis Borges, Avatars of the Tortoise.

--
Jumalauta!!
texmansru47

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2007, 06:40:05 am »

Worked!   the command for me was /opt/lampp/./lampp startmysql.  Thanks again!!!!!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: