VectorLinux
July 24, 2014, 03:42:55 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Installation issues  (Read 1202 times)
TheNZDaddy

« on: November 07, 2007, 08:50:21 pm »

Hi.

firstly, this is my first experience with LINUX so please be gentle with me!

I have a REAL old PC that I bought to just tinker with - it has a Pentium 1 chip with 32mb RAM, so not the fastest or the newest!  It goes well with my brand spanker new iMac and Vista PC!!

I have created the two floppies, as required, and followed the prompts to format the 10gb hard drive (HDA) to linux EXT2.  The installation continued right to the end, and said something along the lines of "could not configure, but lets re-boot and see" and when it reboots, I get the message "no operating system".  I run through the two floppies again, and try to repair LILO, but it says that it cant find VECTOR installed.

Any clues??

Many thanks!!

Glenn
sledgehammer
Vectorian

« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2007, 11:10:24 am »

I thought I had old stuff!

Best thing for you to do is fdisk the heck out of your vista machine and load Vector 5.8 on it.  No need to dual boot   Your computer life begins in earnest when you wean yourself from Gates and the rest of your life when you wean yourself from his pal, George W. Bush.

John

VL7.0 xfce4 Samsung RF511
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: