Downloaded and installed on my IBM T40.
Install still stalls on the FLGX driver for the ATI card in the machine - drops me into Mcedit to fix the problem, but it looks as though the driver section of xorg.conf isn't included at all. I'll have to try and see if I can save the file somewhere else so I can examine it at leisure. I usually run the install in framebuffer mode (vga=791), don't know if that could affect this?
Still can't use 'linux2' on boot for install - selecting the UK keymap when booted this way fails every time. I'm left with the US keyboard. Not a problem if I use 'linux' - keymap is then correctly changed to UK.
Overalp on the bootsplash 'terminal' screen is gone, though I did manage to provoke it once. Not sure what I did - I'll see if I can reproduce it.
MC now correctly identifies and reads the contents of .lzma files.
One completely new (and really strange) problem. When I first started the system, I had no network, and was unable to start it. I have two interfaces - an Intel Pro100 wired ethernet port and an Atheros AR5212 wireless interface. At present, I don't have a wireless access point available, so I'm using the wired interface.
I've always had better results with the e100 driver rather than the eepro100, so I normally edit /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist to blacklist eepro100 and allow the e100 module to load. After I found I didn't have any network connectivilty, I ran lsmod and found that while the Atheros driver was loaded, there was no sign of the e100. I changed my blacklist back to standard to see if the eepro100 driver would load, but it didn't show up either.
I've now got the network running, but in order to get my wired interface up, I've had to add '/sbin/modprobe e100' to /etc/rc.d/rc.modules.
I've never had to do that before. Really strange...
I used a slightly modified version of the ports script to build conky 1.4.8 under the last beta. I saved it and installed it under RC1, but it failed to run. I ended up having to rebuild under RC1. I'm now running 1.4.7 (have to change the script to get 1.4.8 later), which is fine. Not sure why it should need to be built under RC1 though