VectorLinux
December 18, 2014, 08:18:10 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]
  Print  
Author Topic: VL-5.9-STD-BETA2 Bugs/annoyances  (Read 52312 times)
Dweeberkitty
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #150 on: November 07, 2007, 07:21:07 pm »

I think cmake and scons should be included in the optional DEV.tlz.

Registered Linux User #443399
Desktop: Intel Pentium D 3.33Ghz, 320GB hard drive, 2 gigs DDR2 533mhz RAM, NVIDIA Geforce 7800 GS, X2GEN 22" widescreen monitor;
Laptop: Dell Mini 9, Intel Atom 1.6Ghz, 1GB ram
Multimedia Bonus Disc website: http://www.vectorlinuxsolutions.com/
Pita
Vectorian

« Reply #151 on: November 07, 2007, 08:29:02 pm »

Did you try the manual in case there is something useful?
man savage

I had a look now and must admit I don't understand most of it, among others the meaning of some of those acronyms.

The setting I have now is surely not satisfactory to run VL59 with vega set to 794 and that fbdev driver. The problem is naturally not confined to megamario, etc. It is with all programs requiring full screen to run. A way around is to stay with savage driver and leave X for full screen programs to run.
uelsk8s
Administrator
Vectorian

« Reply #152 on: November 07, 2007, 08:30:21 pm »

Pita,
using xorg.conf-fbdev makes xorg use the frame buffer to set it you need to change lilo or grub.
if you use lilo the in your lilo.conf change the line that says
vga = 791
to
vga = 794
then run "lilo" and reboot
or just run vliloconf and choose a resolution from the list

HTH,
Uelsk8s

Thanks! That worked.

It seems to me that xf86-video-savage-2.1.3-i486-1 file is defective. The prolem I have is not confined to VL59, it is the same with slackware12 and slack clones running on slack12.

Whom does one address this to for correction? Volkerding, Xorg.com? Who will do it, one of your peolpe or me?

Regards
there is a bug in that driver, said to be fixed in cvs, but i had no luck in the package i built for you to try.
you can post to xorg bug reports.
Pita
Vectorian

« Reply #153 on: November 07, 2007, 10:37:56 pm »

Pita,
using xorg.conf-fbdev makes xorg use the frame buffer to set it you need to change lilo or grub.
if you use lilo the in your lilo.conf change the line that says
vga = 791
to
vga = 794
then run "lilo" and reboot
or just run vliloconf and choose a resolution from the list

HTH,
Uelsk8s

Thanks! That worked.

It seems to me that xf86-video-savage-2.1.3-i486-1 file is defective. The prolem I have is not confined to VL59, it is the same with slackware12 and slack clones running on slack12.

Whom does one address this to for correction? Volkerding, Xorg.com? Who will do it, one of your peolpe or me?

Regards
there is a bug in that driver, said to be fixed in cvs, but i had no luck in the package i built for you to try.
you can post to xorg bug reports.

Thanks for your help and concern. I just looked at the xorg bug report under this latest savage driver, it is just bug riddled accross distos. I will just have to wait then till things clear-up. Spent enough time already.
BTW with driver fbdev the mouse wheel does not scroll.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]
  Print  

Jump to: