VectorLinux
November 01, 2014, 03:30:44 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Scanners?  (Read 1027 times)
Nightshado68

« on: November 11, 2007, 02:20:21 pm »

Does Vector Linux 5.8 std GOLD Support Scanners?

If So, how do I access it?

BTW, My scanner is an ACER S2W 5300U. Connects by USB

Thanks in advance.
nightflier
Administrator
Vectorian

« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2007, 03:04:49 pm »

My USB scanner works fine in VL 5.8 using "xsane". Look for it in the Graphics or Multimedia menu.
JohnB316
Administrator
Vectorian

Registered Linux User #386728

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2007, 02:36:37 pm »

Does Vector Linux 5.8 std GOLD Support Scanners?

If So, how do I access it?

BTW, My scanner is an ACER S2W 5300U. Connects by USB

Thanks in advance.

With your scanner connected to your computer, open a terminal and type "sane-find-scanner" at the prompt (without quotes). The "sane-find-scanner" program will determine whether a supported device is found. If you get output that indicates your scanner was found, then type "scanimage -L" at the prompt (without quotes). The "scanimage -L" command with the -L parameter will list the scanner backend that is supposed to be used for your scanner.

The other thing you need to do is to make sure that any users who need to access the scanner are part of the "scanner" group.

Hope this helps some more. Feel free to post again if you have any further questions or if you need more help.

Thanks,
John

VL 6.0 SOHO latest alpha on one box, VL 5.9 Lite on the other.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: