VectorLinux
September 30, 2014, 05:42:13 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Need to Reduce Time  (Read 3024 times)
JohnB316
Administrator
Vectorian

Registered Linux User #386728

« on: November 11, 2007, 10:05:22 am »

As many of the forum veterans may be aware, I haven't been around the forum much since the middle of June. At that time, my mother was hospitalized with a heart condition. Other complications set in, which resulted in her death in July 2007. Since that time, I've been involved with another of my brothers in winding down  her affairs. That process has proven to be very time-consuming. Along with that, I've been wrestling with my own personal financial situation, which is very difficult, to say the least.

As a result of all these events, I'm not able to be around too much at present. I'll still stop in from time to time and will still use VL regularly. and contribute packages as I'm able to do so. I thought that the forum veterans might want to know what was going on.

Cheers,
John

VL 6.0 SOHO latest alpha on one box, VL 5.9 Lite on the other.
easuter
Global Moderator
Vectorian

« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2007, 10:42:08 am »

I'm very sorry for your loss  Cry
There is nothing more important than family, and I hope you are able to pull through this hard time.  Sad

dawnsboy
Vectorite

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2007, 11:16:55 am »

John,

I can only imagine the demands on emotional and physical energy, time, family, work and finances that you have experienced.  I am approaching that place in life now with my mother's failing health.  My hat goes off and heart goes out to you. 

Custom Mini-Itx - VL6.0 Light
exeterdad
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2007, 12:33:32 pm »

Reading your post saddened me.  I still have one parent left, but will be wearing your hat again eventually.  I'm not good finding words for these things, but I am very sorry about your loss.  I hope you won't consider it rude to say that it's nice to see you were able to stop by.
Take care  Smiley
rbistolfi
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2007, 12:50:56 pm »

Hi John, I am not one of the veterans, but I wish the best for you in the future. I join to the consolation words from the others. I am sure you will find the strength to pass over this hard times, and many happy days will be there for you in the future.
See you around, Rodrigo.

"There is a concept which corrupts and upsets all others. I refer not to Evil, whose limited realm is that of ethics; I refer to the infinite."
Jorge Luis Borges, Avatars of the Tortoise.

--
Jumalauta!!
nightflier
Administrator
Vectorian

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2007, 03:02:26 pm »

John,

Sorry to hear about your tribulations. I join the other members in thanking you for your work and wishing you speedy healing and recovery.

Roy
MikeCindi
Tester
Vectorian

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2007, 04:33:19 pm »

I've been praying for you (if that's worth anything to you) that you would have peace beyond explanation and wisdom beyond your experience. I too am glad you've been able to stop in once in a while...you are missed and not forgotten.

The plans of the diligent lead to profit...Pro. 21:5
VL64 7.1b3                                     RLU 486143
bigpaws
Vectorian

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2007, 05:09:18 pm »

Hi John,

Good to hear from you. Sorry to hear of your loss. My thoughts are
with you.

Bigpaws
hata_ph
Packager
Vectorian

-- Just being myself --

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2007, 09:26:42 pm »

wish you all the best.....
dawnsboy
Vectorite

« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2007, 08:25:20 am »

Hi John,

You are in my thoughts and prayers.  I thank you for everything that you have contributed to this project.  I know that I have certainly benefited greatly from those contributions and I am grateful.

Warmest Regards

Custom Mini-Itx - VL6.0 Light
Lyn
Vectorian

« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2007, 01:08:17 pm »

I concur with the comments made by others, thank you very much for all your hard work, which we have all benefited from!  *all the best!"
M0E-lnx
Administrator
Vectorian

« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2007, 02:21:30 pm »

Hey john

I'd just like to join everyone else and let you know I can almost identify myself with your situation... I know how devastated you must feel, not only for your loss, but also for having to reduce the time you have available for doing the things you like to do, like every one of us.

Just hang in there... do what I do... find a couple of minutes at a time to stop by, and stay in touch... it's been nice to have been helped by you to achieve the things I have been able to accomplish.
IIRC, you one of the first guys to answer to my first n00b question, back in the old forum as I was coming into the community...

http://www.vectorlinux.com/forum1/index.php?topic=10262.0

Hope your situation comes to a better stage soon, and to have you back in here... I'm hoping exactly the same for me too Wink

GrannyGeek
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2007, 10:02:44 pm »

I'm sorry to hear about your mother's passing and also your other troubles.

I've missed your presence here, as you've always been so helpful and generous. Do show up in the forum whenever you can.

My wishes are that you'll find comfort for your loss and that your life will take a better turn soon.
--GrannyGeek

Registered Linux User #397786

Happily running VL 7 Gold on  a Sempron LE-1300 desktop (2.3 GHz), 4 G RAM,  GeForce 6150 SE onboard graphics and on an HP Pavilion dv7 i7, 6 gigs, Intel 2nd Generation Integrated Graphics Controller
exeterdad
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2007, 03:23:50 am »

Not trying to hijack, but my jaw dropped. My how you've changed Moe!  Wink
M0E-lnx
Administrator
Vectorian

« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2007, 03:50:17 am »

indee. And people like john made that possible

Pages: [1] 2
  Print