VectorLinux
December 20, 2014, 02:00:08 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Vector Vector  (Read 3755 times)
Jack Matier

« on: January 25, 2011, 05:34:30 pm »

You know how time passes and you forget about things? Well, I was talking to a friend about the different distro's I've tried and one of them that I highlighted as an old favourite was Vector. After the conversation, I started browsing around the site and reminiscing... and I stumbled across my old project when I was first touching base with illustration.

vector_old.png is the one (viewable below)

I love(d) it. Really really loved it. But because of my limitations the only way I could style it up was to remove the vector aspect and raster it. Well, I figured it was time for take two (vector.png).

So where do I want to take this? I don't know. Maybe I'll revisit this after another few years.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 05:39:22 pm by Jack Matier » Logged
Masta
Global Moderator
Vectorian

« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2011, 12:29:19 am »

Very nice indeed. I like those a lot. I wonder how small we can get that, so that it fits into the menu button? Do you think you could pull that off? Should be great for XFCE
roarde
Vectorian

move the needle

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2011, 01:01:38 pm »

I resized and scaled the svg to 27x27 xpm at same aspect for icewm's menu button. Looks great, except that I forgot to bring a background with it    Roll Eyes

Robert
VL STD 7.1 RC3.1, icewmvmods
Jack Matier

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2011, 10:11:28 pm »

Quote from: Masta
Very nice indeed. I like those a lot. I wonder how small we can get that, so that it fits into the menu button? Do you think you could pull that off? Should be great for XFCE

XFCE has a 16x16px icon right?

I resized and scaled the svg to 27x27 xpm at same aspect for icewm's menu button. Looks great, except that I forgot to bring a background with it    Roll Eyes

Great. I didn't even expect this response.

Made the V more part of the world, thickened the border and made the left of the V thicker too all trying to make it stand out a bit more and work as a icon in general. (Ends up fitting in a square this way). I don't suggest this to be the main logo, just how it looks when we get down to sizes that are tiny.
Masta
Global Moderator
Vectorian

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2011, 10:27:43 pm »

Very nice, Very nice
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: