VectorLinux
October 31, 2014, 05:08:15 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Problem building libwnck  (Read 1258 times)
martinwprior

« on: November 21, 2007, 08:38:53 pm »

Hi I am trying to build libwnck but get the following error:

/usr/lib/gcc/i486-slackware-linux/4.1.2/../../../../i486-slackware-linux/bin/ld: errno: TLS definition in /lib/libc.so.6 section .tbss mismatches non-TLS reference in /usr/lib/gcc/i486-slackware-linux/4.1.2/../../../libz.so
/lib/libc.so.6: could not read symbols: Bad value

aby idea what it means. I have VL5.9 installed

Regards

Martin Prior
JohnB316
Administrator
Vectorian

Registered Linux User #386728

« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2007, 08:01:44 am »

Hi I am trying to build libwnck but get the following error:

/usr/lib/gcc/i486-slackware-linux/4.1.2/../../../../i486-slackware-linux/bin/ld: errno: TLS definition in /lib/libc.so.6 section .tbss mismatches non-TLS reference in /usr/lib/gcc/i486-slackware-linux/4.1.2/../../../libz.so
/lib/libc.so.6: could not read symbols: Bad value

aby idea what it means. I have VL5.9 installed

Regards

Martin Prior

Martin,

I split your question from the how-to topic where you originally posted it, because it could get better attention in its own thread. With that said, a Google search on the phrase "TLS definition in /lib/libc.so.6 section .tbss mismatches non-TLS reference" turned up quite a few hits. The first hit was found here. To quote from that URL:

If you get an error such as this:
/usr/bin/ld: errno: TLS definition in /lib/libc.so.6 section .tbss mismatches
non-TLS reference in [...]

What you need to do is this: open the appropriate makefile (i.e. in TKIGES), find the line DEFAULT_INCLUDES, and add -include /usr/include/errno.h to the end.

This applies to gcc-3.3.6, at least.

You'll need to try building libwnck again and take note of what directory the make process is in when it fails. Once you've found that directory, you'll need to edit the Makefile as suggested above. See if that works for you.

HTH,
John

VL 6.0 SOHO latest alpha on one box, VL 5.9 Lite on the other.
martinwprior

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2007, 01:21:28 pm »

Thanks for the response, I will track down the problems. I thought that perhaps I had a corrupted system as the howto describes how to install onto what I assumed was vanilla 5.9. Others wrote that following the Howto worked for them, so I was surprised when it threw up errors. Perhaps I will re-install to ensure a "known" base.

Regards

Martin Prior
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: