VectorLinux
October 20, 2014, 01:07:51 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hello all !!  (Read 1640 times)
waimang

« on: November 18, 2007, 09:58:04 pm »

Hi. My name is Tim and I have just installed Vector 5.8 SOHO on 2 of my computers.

1 Acer Travelmate 230 (TM230X) with Celeron 1.7GHz, 20gig HD and 384 meg of ram.
2 Home built desktop: Shuttle MN31N M/b 1gig DDR PC3200 ram and 40 gig HD, using my older Nvidia GF4 MX440 graphics card.

This Vector Linux OS is just GREAT, does all I need and much more and I feel is the best version Vector have put together to date.
I have been using and trying many different flavours of linux since 2001 and have looked at Vector since 4.0 VL and 5.0 SOHO.
Until recently, I have been using PCLinux .92 in conjunction with Win XP Pro on these machines but after trying the newer PCLinux 2007 OS (which I didn't like...reasons to numerous) I went looking for an alternative. Of all  the Linux OS's I tried, the only one that performed flawlessly and gave me all the options I wanted was Vector Linux 5.8 SOHO.
Well done people, I am very impressed and thank you all for a grand OS.
Other Linux distro's I have tried, and liked:
Puppy
Suse 10.1
simply Mepis 6.5
Freespire 2.0
Sam Linux 2007 (this I liked most until I tried Vector)
PCLinux 2007
PCBSD 1.4
Kanotix 2007  RC6 " thorhammer"

Cheers.
Kiwi in BC Canada.

We are very lucky we are not as clever as we think we are!!
nightflier
Administrator
Vectorian

« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2007, 05:55:48 am »

Hello Tim.

Welcome to Vector. I run 5.8 SOHO on similar hardware and have found nothing that gives me a better balance between performance and features.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: