VectorLinux

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit our home page for VL info. For support and documentation, visit the Vector Linux Knowledge Center or search the Knowledge Center and this Forum using the search box above.

Author Topic: Hello all !!  (Read 1809 times)

waimang

• Stuff
Hello all !!
« on: November 18, 2007, 09:58:04 pm »

Hi. My name is Tim and I have just installed Vector 5.8 SOHO on 2 of my computers.

1 Acer Travelmate 230 (TM230X) with Celeron 1.7GHz, 20gig HD and 384 meg of ram.
2 Home built desktop: Shuttle MN31N M/b 1gig DDR PC3200 ram and 40 gig HD, using my older Nvidia GF4 MX440 graphics card.

This Vector Linux OS is just GREAT, does all I need and much more and I feel is the best version Vector have put together to date.
I have been using and trying many different flavours of linux since 2001 and have looked at Vector since 4.0 VL and 5.0 SOHO.
Until recently, I have been using PCLinux .92 in conjunction with Win XP Pro on these machines but after trying the newer PCLinux 2007 OS (which I didn't like...reasons to numerous) I went looking for an alternative. Of all  the Linux OS's I tried, the only one that performed flawlessly and gave me all the options I wanted was Vector Linux 5.8 SOHO.
Well done people, I am very impressed and thank you all for a grand OS.
Other Linux distro's I have tried, and liked:
Puppy
Suse 10.1
simply Mepis 6.5
Freespire 2.0
Sam Linux 2007 (this I liked most until I tried Vector)
PCLinux 2007
PCBSD 1.4
Kanotix 2007  RC6 " thorhammer"

Cheers.
Kiwi in BC Canada.
We are very lucky we are not as clever as we think we are!!

nightflier

• Administrator
  • Vectorian
Re: Hello all !!
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2007, 05:55:48 am »

Hello Tim.

Welcome to Vector. I run 5.8 SOHO on similar hardware and have found nothing that gives me a better balance between performance and features.